Strange Server Closed Error

Jasc

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  270

Updated Problem.

The Server freezes for a good 30-60 Seconds. The SSH is all accessible and seems fine. I have messaged the host numerous times inquiring if it was a high load on their node that was stalling the server, they said it seemed fine and everything was working accordingly. While the server was frozen, I was still able to access SSH without any kind of noticeable lag issues or problems. Therefore, meaning the host is not responsible for this problem.

I had the exact same problem on a smaller VPS, which I then upgraded to a dedicated server. This problem still persists, meaning its not a memory issue on the host as well.

So what are the current problems?

1. Server randomly freezes 30-60 Seconds

2. After server unfreezes, players who are Already logged in, can continue playing, however, someone attempting to connect to the, will get a "Failed to connect" error message for about 3-5 minutes until the server magically repairs itself and allows the player to connect.

3. This happens about 3-5 times a day, and the coredump/stacks say nothing. All the Login/Map/Char services that are being pinged from website to server ALL say ONLINE, but players still get a failed to connect to server.

I have a theory it has something to do with the unstable connection between flux cp mysql connection from my shared hosting via my server on the dedicated host. Somehow this connect is being disrupted and stopping services temporarily.

I am hoping some of you rAthena experts can shed some light on this issue.

Thank you

Edited by Jasc

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Hi

Start your server with gdb and paste the error when it crash.

Regards.

Edited by Kirea

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  270

updated error problem