Questions about item drop rate bonuses applied with SC_ITEMBOOST

INREM

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  10

Hi all, 

I'm trying to get a better understanding of how drop rate bonuses applied with SC_ITEMBOOST work.  Apologies for the waterfall of questions - I'll try to keep this clear.

If I wanted to apply a 100% drop rate bonus with SC_ITEMBOOST, without any duration limitation, I believe I could use this script command:  sc_start SC_ITEMBOOST, INFINITE_TICK, 100;

I could end this bonus - and I assume all SC_ITEMBOOST bonuses (assuming more than one can be applied...) - by using this script command: sc_end SC_ITEMBOOST;

Digging a little deeper:

• Question 1: How persistent is SC_ITEMBOOST's bonus?  For instance: Does it survive logouts?  How about map changes?  Player death?  Or PC stat calc events?  
  • Question 2: What happens if my scripts use sc_start SC_ITEMBOOST multiple times?  Do these values add?  Overwrite with the latest/highest value?  Is it possible to have multiple SC_ITEMBOOSTs in effect with the same duration, or with different durations?
  • Question 3: Is it possible to read the current total SC_ITEMBOOST bonus applied to a character?  Not simply whether the bonus is in effect, but how much?  It wasn't clear to me from the docs whether this could be done with getstatus.  
  • Question 4: If I'm understanding correctly, I can end all of the SC_ITEMBOOST applied to a character by using sc_end SC_ITEMBOOST.  Is there are more fine-grained way to modify SC_ITEMBOOSTs that are currently in effect?  Or can I only flush the whole stack of SC_ITEMBOOST bonuses (well, assuming there can be more than one in effect at a time...) and reapply a new SC_ITEMBOOST at some value?  To make this more concrete, let's say I want to have a special drop rate bonus (call it "MySpecialBonus") applied with SC_ITEMBOOST that will persist until a particular event occurs (so its duration is effectively unlimited).  I would like to be able to remove MySpecialBonus without nuking any other SC_ITEMBOOSTs in effect now (say, from Bubble Gum).  Is that possible?

Much thanks in advance for any insights.

Edited by INREM

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet