Removing multiple instances of Izlude & Prontera Field maps

WhiteGoblin

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

Hello! So I think I'm misunderstanding the process here. What I'm trying to do is remove the multiple Izlude and Prontera Field maps so that all players will connect to the same field. I understand why there's multiples for the much bigger / official servers. Though I really don't have any need for multiple occurrences of the same maps. Example: I would like to remove: prt_fild08a, prt_fild08b, prt_fild08c, prt_fild08d, izlude_a, izlude_b, izlude_c, & izlude_d. Instead having them just route to prt_fild08 & izlude.

I thought the way to do this was just commenting them out of \rathena\conf\maps_athena.conf then running \rathena\mapcache.bat. (as per this old thread) Though that does not appear to be how it's done. Any new characters coming in will still try and get ported to say izlude_b when jumping on the ship to leave the start area. This results in an error the way I've been trying to do this as it can't find the map to send them too. Which leaves them stuck. LOL!

How does one correctly make this modification? Thank you for your time, I really appreciate the help. 

Edited by WhiteGoblin
Grammar & Such

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132

Find in \conf\char_athena.conf

start_point: iz_int,18,26:iz_int01,18,26:iz_int02,18,26:iz_int03,18,26:iz_int04,18,26

Change to:

start_point: iz_int,18,26

If you want. you can go further and remove duplicate NPCs from:

\npc\re\jobs\novice\academy.txt

\npc\re\cities\izlude.txt

\npc\re\quests\quests_izlude.txt

\npc\re\warps\cities\izlude.txt

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  3

Ah yes! Thank you so much Racaae! Digging around I see that "\rathena\npc\re\warps\cities\izlude.txt" contains an "Izlude & Prontera Field 8 Duplicates" section & "\rathena\npc\re\warps\fields\prontera_fild.txt" also has a "Prontera Field 8 Duplicates" section. I'm going to take it that commenting out these warps as well as changing the start point as you suggested is the final solution. If anyone reads this and knows differently please inform us! I'll put this into testing and report back if it's not the answer. Hopefully this helps others out there in the future when they come across this thread. ?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8

On 3/11/2022 at 9:01 PM, WhiteGoblin said:

Ah yes! Thank you so much Racaae! Digging around I see that "\rathena\npc\re\warps\cities\izlude.txt" contains an "Izlude & Prontera Field 8 Duplicates" section & "\rathena\npc\re\warps\fields\prontera_fild.txt" also has a "Prontera Field 8 Duplicates" section. I'm going to take it that commenting out these warps as well as changing the start point as you suggested is the final solution. If anyone reads this and knows differently please inform us! I'll put this into testing and report back if it's not the answer. Hopefully this helps others out there in the future when they come across this thread. 

Thanks for the awesome information.