Guild Town system

sugo

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

Hi everyone!

I've had this idea in my head for years now,  about guilds having their home town (configurable in file)

-   Town list could be weighted based on size, NPC-s, quests, related maps. (configurable in file)
        ex. Aldebaran:100,Einbroch:40,Einbech:25,:Niffleheim:15,Jawaii:1 - some names with random numbers
-   The town would give some benefits (configurable in file) for all guild members - maybe some benefits can be paid for in zeny/xp/tasks
        No idea how to do this
- Maps belonging to the town would give benefits (configurable in file) to guild members - maybe some benefits can be paid for in zeny/xp/tasks
        No idea how to do this
-   Regular task necessary to keep town, ex. events (configurable in file),
    where you need to earn your position, or to win a town from other guild
    (ex. mini woe style town defense, crystal hunt, town cleanup etc. from event list)
        No idea how to do this
- Guild NPC list to the town - optional
        No real need for implementation, just an additional include file to NPC-s and a precheck in the included NPC scripts to see what guilds they can talk to, or who to be nice to - based on SQL data
- Free or cheaper warp (home) to the town for guild members
        This one could be easy if the town and the guild ID are paired in an SQL table
- Other guilds can pay tax or players can buy pass to get some of the benefits
        I imagine this could be partially handled with rental item

I basically have no idea how to start with this. Have some script, source, client and database know-how, but this is too big for me.
My guess would be that some of these would(will) be a lot more easy using some source edit alongside script.

If someone knows of something like this, please link some information, I couldn't find any.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet