ElementProof Potions and other elemental resistance items

Dragonis1701

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  96

I wanted to make the elementproof potions a player acquires from the Plasma card similar to as if the player had a card that set their armor to that element. SC_Armor_Element gives a player bonus2 bsubele +75 for three minutes. This has worked fine so far but I ran into a bit of a hiccup. If a player has another bsubele boost, such as Valk Shield's +20, instead of it being an 80%  reduction in damage, it is a 95% reduction in damage from that element. Is there a way to easily have SC_Armor_element set an armor as a temporary element or is there no way around it? I experimented before with it and tried to get the potion to set an armor element for a set period of time but didn't succeed in my attempts. I would succeed in getting the potion to set the element but the element would not return to normal after the potion wore off.

4 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141

There's a scroll for holy armor, you might be able to use that.

http://ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=14540&ird=0&small=1&back=1

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nitrous said:

There's a scroll for holy armor, you might be able to use that.

http://ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=14540&ird=0&small=1&back=1

That works perfectly. Is there a way to make it so that, if the player is equipped with X element, for example fire, and then uses a fireproof potion, that the player's element becomes fire level 2?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. ?

Edited by Dragonis1701

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51

On 11/6/2019 at 4:47 AM, Dragonis1701 said:

That works perfectly. Is there a way to make it so that, if the player is equipped with X element, for example fire, and then uses a fireproof potion, that the player's element becomes fire level 2?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. ?

You must state share on the forums what is the answer to your question. even if its you the original poster who figured it out.

Thank you have a nice day.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:48 AM, tribal0306 said:

You must state share on the forums what is the answer to your question. even if its you the original poster who figured it out.

Thank you have a nice day.

Sure. I just had the use script check if the player has a specific card equipped when you use the item. So, if you use a fire elemental resistance potion, I have it check if the player has a pasana card in their armor when they use it. Looks like this:

12118,Resist_Fire,Fireproof Potion,2,2,,10,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ if(getequipcardid(EQI_ARMOR,0) == 4099) { sc_start4 SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE,180000,2,Ele_Fire,1,0; } else { sc_start4 SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE,180000,1,Ele_Fire,1,0; } },{},{}
12119,Resist_Water,Coldproof Potion,2,2,,10,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ if(getequipcardid(EQI_ARMOR,0) == 4089) { sc_start4 SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE,180000,2,Ele_Water,1,0; } else { sc_start4 SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE,180000,1,Ele_Water,1,0; } },{},{}
12120,Resist_Earth,Earthproof Potion,2,2,,10,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ if(getequipcardid(EQI_ARMOR,0) == 4101) { sc_start4 SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE,180000,2,Ele_Earth,1,0; } else { sc_start4 SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE,180000,1,Ele_Earth,1,0; } },{},{}
12121,Resist_Wind,Thunderproof Potion,2,2,,10,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ if(getequipcardid(EQI_ARMOR,0) == 4098) { sc_start4 SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE,180000,2,Ele_Wind,1,0; } else { sc_start4 SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE,180000,1,Ele_Wind,1,0; } },{},{}

For those thinking it might be exploitable for people to wear a fire armor, use a potion and then armor switch to get the benefit without the drawback of losing the armor card, I have added in pc.c:

status_change_end(&sd->bl, SC_ELEMENTALCHANGE, INVALID_TIMER);

under:

if (sd->status.inventory[n].equip & EQP_ARMOR) {

• Upvote 2