How can I modify Skill #Hits and Cooldown through Skill.c?

kyenard

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  18

Hi everyone,

I know that you can change your skill_db to set #hits and cooldown based on skill level, but I'm trying to find a way to use the skill.c (or perhaps battle.c) to create a better scaling/balanced environment.

I'll explain. I'm going first to show you how Is my skill for Coldbolt.

Battle.c

case MG_COLDBOLT:
						skillratio += -100 + skill_lv * 20 + status_get_dex(src) * 5; //Skill Level x 20% Damage + DEX x 5% Damage

Skill.c

case MG_COLDBOLT:
		sc_start(src,bl,SC_SLOWDOWN,skill_lv * 3 + status_get_luk(src)/2,skill_lv,skill_get_time2(skill_id,skill_lv)); //Skill Level x 3% Slow Chance + LUK x 0.5% Slow Chance
		break;

As you can see, mechanically Cold Bolt is not working as the Original format. First off, the skill scales with Skill Level and secondarily with DEX points. The second point is the Slowdown Effect on use. After struck by the skill, the target has chances of losing Move Speed and this chance is Increased by LUK points. If I wanted to modify the duration of the Slow Effect, I could've changed skill_get_time2(skill_id,skill_lv) + status_get_lv(src)*100, this way I would increase the Slow Duration by 0.1s every Base Level. 

So, back to my question:

How can I add lines to change Cooldown and Number of Striking Hits on the skill? 

Note: I see KN_Pierce has a multi-hit system but it's quite different from what I'm looking for.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet