how to update my old rathena files last packet 20130807

Winter1992

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60

anyone know how can i update my old rathena files for client side only i dont want to use the latest source just for client side only i want to use 20141022 but i dont know where to start like how to add a new .c file.

the following that i dont have is 

-char_mapif.c
-src/char/char_logif.h

-src/char/char_logif.c

thats the only one i need and how to fix my old rathena files kindly help me if screenshot of source need on my server files let me know so that you can help me by the way my rathena sln is 13 rathena13 is the last one 

thankyou
i guess i put my question on the right section correct me if not so that i can delete and transfer it to the right section
thankyou again

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399

3 hours ago, Winter1992 said:

yea i know merging the commit but the 3 .c file i dont know how to put them do you have any idea or guide how to put them ?? because i read already they need to put on vcproj-13..  may i ask also ? if i update the whole it will affected the whole code right? my soul link mods for all job are working on the old revision but in new or latest revision no error on visual studio 2013 but it's not working when i use them in game.

so below i provide u a screenshot.. of what happen when we doing rebase. the first image. showing the changes commited in the new branch. lets assume these changes are all ur mods in ur server.. although u made the changes (mod), but ur rathena repo clearly not the latest version & more likely outdated.. which in ur case, more obvious, on 2013..

58eb8bba2ea43_missingquestid.png.7459c8bb0acae3ef6b52d904b491995d.png

while the second image, after doing the rebase, ur rathena repo will be updated to the latest commit (HEAD commit) & all your mod are on top of the HEAD commit.. so this is the way u can keep ur rathena repo on track + preserving all ur mods those u made...

58eb8bbfbbae9_testingbranch.png.7dcbafaae33d02692d2564947eb9edb4.png

1 hour ago, Winter1992 said:

anyone know how can i update my old rathena files for client side only i dont want to use the latest source just for client side only i want to use 20141022 but i dont know where to start like how to add a new .c file.

the following that i dont have is 

-char_mapif.c
-src/char/char_logif.h

-src/char/char_logif.c

thats the only one i need and how to fix my old rathena files kindly help me if screenshot of source need on my server files let me know so that you can help me by the way my rathena sln is 13 rathena13 is the last one 

thankyou
i guess i put my question on the right section correct me if not so that i can delete and transfer it to the right section
thankyou again

I just kind confuse.. clientside or server side? By referring the title, my assumption is updating the server side to support newer client.. if u planning to upgrade the server side.. the easiest way is by doing rebase.. but, since u don't want to update to the latest source.. it may be done by merging manually the commit up to support 20141022 client.

22 minutes ago, hazimjauhari90 said:

I just kind confuse.. clientside or server side? By referring the title, my assumption is updating the server side to support newer client.. if u planning to upgrade the server side.. the easiest way is by doing rebase.. but, since u don't want to update to the latest source.. it may be done by merging manually the commit up to support 20141022 client.

yea i know merging the commit but the 3 .c file i dont know how to put them do you have any idea or guide how to put them ?? because i read already they need to put on vcproj-13..  may i ask also ? if i update the whole it will affected the whole code right? my soul link mods for all job are working on the old revision but in new or latest revision no error on visual studio 2013 but it's not working when i use them in game.

Edited by Winter1992
forgot something to say

12 minutes ago, Winter1992 said:

may i ask also ? if i update the whole it will affected the whole code right?

i'm not too sure.. as u used too old rathena version.. if will takes tousand of commit perhaps? i always keep update one a week.. but, so far the mods that i made so far still not overwrite or discard.. perhaps this link might help u.

https://github.com/edx/edx-platform/wiki/How-to-Rebase-a-Pull-Request

to do it, i would recommend u to backup the current state of the rathena server side.. then, put into another server.. then try to make this rebase technique on ur rathena server side.. the idea of rebase is.. to keep maintain of ur mods that u committed + to get update with the latest version of rathena server side..

my piece of advance.. it is quite tricky.. and u need to do it very carefully.. but, if u success to make it.. man, u fell the satisfaction of solving the big problem. xD

Edited by hazimjauhari90

11 hours ago, hazimjauhari90 said:

so below i provide u a screenshot.. of what happen when we doing rebase. the first image. showing the changes commited in the new branch. lets assume these changes are all ur mods in ur server.. although u made the changes (mod), but ur rathena repo clearly not the latest version & more likely outdated.. which in ur case, more obvious, on 2013..

while the second image, after doing the rebase, ur rathena repo will be updated to the latest commit (HEAD commit) & all your mod are on top of the HEAD commit.. so this is the way u can keep ur rathena repo on track + preserving all ur mods those u made...

thankyou i understand now 

On 4/10/2017 at 9:49 PM, hazimjauhari90 said:

sir hazim can i pm you my server files ?? please update it ? help me with it ? is it fine ? still i have the .svn there i have encounter error on github if you dont mind?

phew... as i thought.. u r using svn rather than git.. i'm not sure about this.. but i think there is a way how to convert svn to git.. i think u need to open new topic.. xD

2 hours ago, Winter1992 said:

sir hazim can i pm you my server files ?? please update it ? help me with it ? is it fine ? still i have the .svn there i have encounter error on github if you dont mind?

u can try to follow this guide..