Postalityjr

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

I REALLY apologize for doing this, im trying to use 

Squishyyy's Permadeath

System, only problem I'm having is I have never installed/used something like this before and im clueless on where to put the files, very noob question to ask but help would be appreciated!

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60

Dear PostalityJr,

No need to apologize for posting in support when you need help! 

This is Squishyyy here. I looked at the files and I actually stumbled on this post by accident. I'll help you out and this is my script so thank you for referencing me! I took a lot of the intro.txt dialogue from a long defunct server that used to be run by Diviner. 

The thing about scripts is, it doesn't really matter where you put them, as long as you mention them in the .conf files (unless rAthena has changed). I've been away so long. 

My suggestion: put them in the custom folder you put all your other scripts. Maybe in its own little folder. 

A few other things: this is not 100% working script. It was just a prototype. I would be honored if someone would make appropriate adjustments for this.

How this works: The concept is the same as jailing @command, but more strict. 

Look at HallofFallenHeroes.txt

-	script	PermaDeath	-1,{
OnPCDieEvent:
	if(hardcore){
		if(getcharid(1) !=0){
			party_destroy(getcharid(1));
		}
		if(getcharid(2) != 0) //if they're in a guild
		{
			set .@GID, getcharid(2);
			if (strcharinfo(0) != getguildmaster(.@GID)) {	//if they're the guild master	
				atcommand "!breakguild" ; //disband guild (my server uses ! instead of @)	
			}
		}
		warp "sec_pri",24,75;
		save "sec_pri",24,75;
		announce ""+strcharinfo(0)+" has committed their soul to the Kafra Corporation.",bc_all, 0xFF0000, FW_BOLD;
		announce "May they find respite in the Hall of Fallen Heroes!",bc_all, 0xFF0000, FW_BOLD;
		end;
	}
	else { end;}

There may be some hiccups with the guild function. There's a situation in which you have a person unable to leave a guild because they are permadead. This can be adjusted by using SQL scripts. I'm not good enough at scripting to do it, but it can be done.

Next, Intro.txt:

EVERYONE dies at the beginning (Apparently the grim reaper doesn't like you). You are set 'dead', monsterignore'd, warped to nif field 1 and disguised as 1120 (i'm guessing that's a wisp). You talk to some filler NPCs before approaching the 'Kafra Post-Mortem Rep'. After a lengthy discussion you are told you can either respawn as a 1/1 novice or do 'hard core mode'.  Keep in mind that none of this narration is necessary. In fact, Intro.txt is purely optional. That said, there is one line in it I have no idea what does:

sc_start EXP_BOOST,INT_MAX,300; //we can't do forever, int_max is as high as we can go.

It's been too long to remember. It probably does some effect of some sort.

Back to HallofFallenHeroes. As stated before, you are basically perma-jailed (not permadead). You are warped and saved as a ghostring in the jail. You can talk to the Kafra and she can you to look at beautiful self, but it's only temporary and only once per session ('download' variable). 

clone "sec_pri",25,76,0,getcharid(strcharinfo(0)),getcharid(0);
	disguise 1120;
	next;
	mes .npc$;
	mes "All done! Now go! Really..Go! Frolic or do whatever it is you do! Just...go.";
	emotion 54;
	set download, 1;
	close;
	end;

As for the mapflags script. It looks unfinished, but I basically remember making it to possibly add a mapflag for 'mapflag_permadeath' (which I did not) in order to turn permadeath off in some places (like pvp or gvg). This is quite understandable, else WoE would be much less interesting. - or more, depending on how you think about it.

That's about it. I don't do TLDR; s. I took the time to write this, so if you want help you will take the time to read it. If you have any other questions, email me at ...whatever it is I wrote down on my profile.

Edited by Squishyyy