Job exp rate not working as intended

NeoSteel

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10

Hey everyone!

I have my server all set up and running, everything is working, except this one thing: my job experience rate.  I had it working earlier, but ran into a couple of issues with my max level not working.  So, once I got that fixed, I logged back in and my base exp rate was just fine, but my job rate is at 1x.  If I type in the command @rates, everything looks to be in order, but it just doesn't work.  I've changed the values in my exp.conf back and forth, but nothing has gotten it to work properly.  I don't receive any errors in the server logs or anything like that, either.  So, I'm quite lost on what to do here.  I'm running 2013-08-07.

I've attached a copy of my exp.conf for anyone who wishes to examine it.  Let me know if you need anything else from me.

exp.conf

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  149

Can you check your import folder, you might've moved your exp.conf there accidentally and your server's reading it instead. (delete import folder if you have no idea what it is)

If problem still persist, try resetting your whole conf  folder and re-configure your server. (get it from rA's git or just discard changes if you know how to use Git)

I tried your suggestions, but it still doesn't work.  I have deleted my import folder, and when that didn't work, I replaced and reconfigured my entire conf folder.  After each, I cleaned and rebuilt the solution.  Is there anything else I can do other than blow my whole server away and start all over?

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813

Does the "monsterinfo" atcommand also show the adjusted job exp? Or does it show job exp at 1x rate?

Other than that, you can probably easily figure it out by debugging.

The code you are looking for is in mob.c function "mob_dead".

else {
				double exp = apply_rate2(md->db->job_exp, per, 1);
				exp = apply_rate(exp, bonus);
				exp = apply_rate(exp, map[m].adjust.jexp);
				job_exp = (unsigned int)cap_value(exp, 1, UINT_MAX);
			}

e.g. check what "mb->db->job_exp", "per", "bonus" and "map[m].adjust.jexp" contains here.

Thanks for the reply, Playtester.  I ultimately threw out my server and started from scratch.  At this point, the only issue I have now is, when loading my map server, I am met with the warning "Class 'x' does not have a job table." where 'x' represents all of the classes.  I have edited the new job_exp.txt in the import-tmpl folder, and the base job levels work appropriately.  Just not sure what do about this new issue now.  After looking at all of the other solutions to this issue, and nothing has worked thus far, just rather confused.  I've attached my new job_exp.txt for review.

job_exp.txt

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121

How do I set up and drop rates and I do not see the aura ok all done

I will be able to level his 255

Edited by KaAlfredPri