Q > Setting up new server

yepp

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26

I try to fix and make things my own before I ask, but this is a bit confusing now.

Just a short background, I am a web dev and understand the server-client concept very well. Also, I don't play RO, I just setup stuffs for a friend who plays this game long time already.

When I first created my own server, I just pick stuffs on the top of the forum because well... if it's on top, then it is hot or popular.

For the server, I just cloned the rAthena repo.

For the full client, I downloaded the latest one on the client section (04-27-2016)

For the small client, I tried many.

My question is:

Looking on the server-client I thought if the server is compiled to use for pre-renewal uses, then that's it. Just use any client and log in to that server.

But I'm wrong. Well, that's what my friend said :v he said there is supposed to be no Doram on the character creation. It is supposed to look like this:

basicsystem_07.png

Mine is not like that. That leads me to thinking that I was wrong. Maybe I should use old client as well too.

Am I on the right path now? Can someone help? What client should I use? Do I need to use old full client too?

And on the server side, I commented the define renewal and uncommented pre renewal. Do i need to comment everything else too? or not? I use pre-re=yes flag on the configure anyway, just making sure if that's taking care of everything and don't need to comment/uncomment stuffs.

-- EDIT --

currently trying this: https://rathena.org/board/topic/70962-recommended-client-setup/

Hope this is the answer.

Not what I expected. But hopes he'll be ok with it. Here's a pic of the character creation:

d9fae0951e.png

-- EDIT --

Friend told me it was all good now. Thanks to the https://rathena.org/board/topic/70962-recommended-client-setup/ thread, and also to @Secrets for confirming how to setup pre-renewal server.

Hopes this will be useful for the others in the future. To those looking for how to setup a pre-renewal client and server.

Edited by yepp

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  587

Uncommenting PRERE define is all you need to do to enable pre-renewal.

You have to use a client that is older than 2012-03-07 if you want that old character creation interface.

• Upvote 1