How do I modify what IP address the client connects to so that my friends can play on my server?

vyktym

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

I guess the title says it all, I've had a bit of a look around, but can't seem to find any answer!

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  374

I guess the title says it all, I've had a bit of a look around, but can't seem to find any answer!

If you're going to host your server yourself, then you should use your WAN ip: https://www.whatismyip.com/

And you should forward your ports as well.

If you're going to officially open it, then you'll need to buy a VPS hosting for it.

Also, you can use Hamachi for you and your friends to connect.

Steps for using hamachi:

- Download hamachi here (click me) [ Download Unmanaged ] then install.

- After installing, press that power button you see at the upper right corner ( You'll need to register first )

Dh5Hgae.png

- After that, you should be seeing Create a new network / Join an existing network. Click Create a new network

wR0UQEt.png

- Then just input any network ID together with any password [ For our example, my network id is 123testro123 and passwords are all 12345 ]

8EeyMW9.png

- After that, you should have your own network room, now modify your IP's on your clientinfo.xml, char_athena.conf and map_athena.conf with your hamachi IP [ So mine is 25.15.219.50, then I'll put that IP onto those files i mentioned. ]

sG1FU8i.png

- After that, try running your server, it should run fine.

Now for your friends, let them install hamachi as well, but this time, they should click Join an existing network then all they have to do is input the network ID and the password of your created network, also their IP on their clientinfo.xml should be the same as your network's IP address.

Edited by Mary Magdalene

Thanks heaps for the reply! I found that clientinfo.xml was the file I was after. I've got a dedicated computer and a 100/40 unlimited bandwidth connection I'll be running it on :)

I have all of the server & SQL up and running perfectly now, but getting a basic client to work has seemed like a freakin nightmare.

I followed the server instructions to the letter and it's all going well, but the client's always seem to fail to connect. The port for the login server is definitely open according to Advanced Port Scanner. I'll keep trying!

Edited by vyktym

Thanks heaps for the reply! I found that clientinfo.xml was the file I was after. I've got a dedicated computer and a 100/40 unlimited bandwidth connection I'll be running it on :)

I have all of the server & SQL up and running perfectly now, but getting a basic client to work has seemed like a freakin nightmare.

I followed the server instructions to the letter and it's all going well, but the client's always seem to fail to connect. The port for the login server is definitely open according to Advanced Port Scanner. I'll keep trying!

But your rA is running good with your WAN IP?

If you have teamviewer, I'll HAPPILY paypal you $10 if you can work out my issue?

Feel free to add me on skype, oh godly one :3 I just can't get the client to connect to the server :(

skype username: mrmordy

Everything seems set up perfectly, but connection refused and failed, nothing showing on any of the servers, firewall disabled, ports are correctly forwarded in my router etc. Won't even work with 127.0.0.1

I've quadrupled checked the packet version settings etc, should all be ok >.<

Edited by vyktym

If you have teamviewer, I'll HAPPILY paypal you $10 if you can work out my issue?

Feel free to add me on skype, oh godly one :3 I just can't get the client to connect to the server :(

skype username: mrmordy

Everything seems set up perfectly, but connection refused and failed, nothing showing on any of the servers, firewall disabled, ports are correctly forwarded in my router etc. Won't even work with 127.0.0.1

I've quadrupled checked the packet version settings etc, should all be ok >.<

Go on, but i don't need the money. Since you're already in discord many people will help there.