(SQL_QUERY) Update existing data

j2rhyme

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

Hi, I would like to know how to update an existing data in sql_query.

I made a Donation NPC with a Donor Ranking. I've somehow made it work but when I donate twice. I want to add my last donation and my current donation in the ranking. Instead of creating a new one.

And also, I would like to know how ORDER BY works. I want it ordered by ascending, but clearly I made some mistake because it did not work.

Here is my code:

case 2:
    mes "test";
    query_logsql "SELECT `name`, `donateamount` FROM `donornames` ORDER BY `donornames`.`donateamount`", .@donor_name$, .@donate_amount;
    for (set .@i, 0; .@i < getarraysize(.@donate_amount); set .@i, .@i+1){
        mes "^296900["+.@i+"]^000000 - " + "^ff4d00" + .@donor_name$[.@i] + "^000000 has bought " + .@donate_amount[.@i] + " donation tickets.";
}//endfor
close;

INGAME SCREENSHOT:

Untitled.jpg

As you can see here, TEST has donated twice, I want it to show 700 instead of 2 separate lines of 200 and 500. Also I would like it to be in ascending order; the highest donors at the top, while the lowest at the bottom. And I'm sure it's possible with ORDER BY but I'm sure I used it incorrectly. Same with UPDATE.
Edited by j2rhyme

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283

Do you want the donations to be displayed with an alphabetical order or the highest/lowest donation first?

nevermind didn't see what you wrote at the bottom..

Alphabetical order:

query_logsql "SELECT `name`, `donateamount` FROM `donornames` ORDER BY `name`", .@donor_name$, .@donate_amount;

Lowest first:

query_logsql "SELECT `name`, `donateamount` FROM `donornames` ORDER BY `donateamount`", .@donor_name$, .@donate_amount;

Highest first:

query_logsql "SELECT `name`, `donateamount` FROM `donornames` ORDER BY `donateamount` DESC", .@donor_name$, .@donate_amount;

For the update thing when you want to save the donations do something like this

.@n = query_logsql ("SELECT `donateamount` FROM `donornames` WHERE `<your primary key>` = '<value to compare>'",.@donate_amount);

if (.@n == -1) query_logsql ("INSERT INTO `donornames` (...) VALUES (...)");

else query_logsql ("UPDATE `donornames` SET `donateamount` = '"+(.@donate_amount+<amount of points to add>)+"' WHERE `<your primary key>` = '<value to compare>'");
Edited by Kurofly
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

Thank you kurofly! It works perfectly fine!