Unsupported Packet 0x096a?

medic2k9

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

I tried posting about this earlier but I don't know what happened to my post, but I'm following a guide and after I patched all the way up on both patchers and running my client, my game disconnects with the error unsupported packet 0x096a after a few seconds.

I tried using other Clients but none of them work or none of them let me more or type and some just disconnect me without actually telling me, the client just freezes.

Currently I'm using "2012-04-18aRagexeRE.exe.patched" as it's the only one that actually seems to work, the problem is I just keep getting disconnected with it due to the packet.

Every post I read tells me to check my packet_db.txt and my mmo.h then my xclientinfo.xml but I dont have the .xml and the packet_db has a bunch of stuff I don't understand in it. After all fo that they say to recompile but I don't know what that is either.

I tried "2013-12-23c" and "2014-02-12a" but the 2014 just freezes and the 2013 doesn't let me type or move.

anyone know how to fix this or what i should do?

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  164

Your hunch is right, and you are on the right track.

In packet_db.txt, define

packet_db_ver: 31

In mmo.h

#define PACKETVER 20120418

In clientinfo.xml

<version>31</version>

Recompile using Visual Studio (windows) or ./configure && make server on linux.

Felt like I was onto something for a moment but my current situation is I don't have a clientinfo.xml but then Ill go and figure out how to use VS to recompile.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  164

You should have a clientinfo.xml in you data folder, or inside one of your custom GRFs. Use a GRF extractor to pick it out, modify it, then repack t.

I give up. I can't figure this out for the life of me. I just need a damn server to take screenshots with, I have a kROragexeRE0730a client that works but the zoom is shotty. My 2012-04-18a DCs me, I had a 2011 that worked well, but was stuck at 640x420, couldn't use it.

It's just too frustrating. I think I'll start again from scratch with a different guide next time. Thank you for your time. I learned something at least.