Offline/private renewal server problems T.T help plz!

saverem

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28

hello all, i was wondering if i can get some pointers and guides as to how to start my offline renewal/3rd job ragnarok server (doing this cause i'm in china right now, and playing on the original server i was on b4 was becoming a hassle, due to the frequent patching not working all the time-the info server is in america and cbeing far away makes teh patching glitch).

please do not send me links to eathena boards or any guides there, as eathena's entire board site is banned/censored in china. (yes, another bad thing about being in china is the crazy censorship, they censored youtube and facebook here too...T.T) that's the main reason i am unable to follow the guides
on eathena and have to ask on other ragnarok sites.

ok, anyways, from what i've gathered from the bits and pieces of information i've learned is that to start a private/offline server i need both an eathena server package and a ragnarok client package. so far i think i've got the eathena server set up already, i've been using 127.0.0.1 for the loopback and the 3 boxes that pop up are all green, so must be working. the problem i'm having is from the client package.

i think i must be missing a few steps in setting up my client folder files (i could not find many guides with links that did not lead to eathena T.T) so here's what i did, please help me figure out what i' missing!

1. i've downloaded the official kro client from ratemysever.com

2. i've updated my client files by running the renewal-lite.exe within the rag folder from ratemyserver

3. i've browsed the internet for a hexed ragexere.exe and dropped the hexed exe into the main folder

4. i've ran the hexed exe, but it still tries to connect to the korean website? @.@

5. i dunno where to place the clientinfo.xml that i've made using notepad, so i've placed it into the data folder. but the hexed rag.exe is not connecting/is not noticing my clientinfo.xml

notes/questions:

1. i've heard of dll files/patches. not sure which ones i need, this might be the step i'm missing. if so where/which ones do i download? if possible please post link (that does not lead to eathena please =D).

2. also how do i make my rag.exe connect to the location written in my clientinfo.xml? how come it just ignores it right now? is it possible my hexed rag.exe is faulty? if so please post link to a functioning hexed renewal rag.exe

3. is it possible to use the iro client instead of the kro client? i like it more due to the english interface

4. i've also noticed that i have a problem with the window size, i can't seem to enlarge it?

that's all my questions for now, thanks to all in advance =D

TL;DR

i'm having trouble with my ragnarok client side, my hexed rag.exe is not connecting to the right place. it keeps trygin to connect to the official korean rag website.

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28

awesome =D.

btw, is there like a judas bible that gives the guide for the text file version of the client/server setup? seems that the judas bible mainly guides for svn