Adding maps (resnametable) and MP3

Hisouten

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22

Greetings!

I've been playing around with Thor Patcher, and so far it's working great... I think. I've been able to patch my GRF just fine, but I'm having some trouble with adding cloned maps and custom BGM to my client.

For custom maps, I've done the hard way already. I've extracted the maps I wanted to clone from the original data.grf, renamed all of them and their minimap bmp, re-added them to my server's GRF and I could access them in-game with no issues at all.

However, searching around, I found about resnametable.txt, which is supposed to do exactly what I did, but the RIGHT way. Except I've added my map clones (following exact instructions from http://rathena.org/wiki/Resnametable ) and when I tried going to one of my cloned maps, I just got a 'missing file' error and the client crashed.

Here's an example of my edits, using an imaginary example map:

db/map_index.txt

//======================================================================================
//Place your custom maps with a starting ID here.
//======================================================================================
example	1250

conf/maps_athena.conf

//------------------------- Extra Maps ---------------------------
map: example

resnametable.txt

example.gnd#prontera.gnd#
example.gat#prontera.gat#
example.rsw#prontera.rsw#
À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\map\example.bmp#À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\map\prontera.bmp#

I've added my maps both to db/map_index.txt and conf/maps_athena.conf. What about mapcache.exe? Is there something I'm missing?

Next thing I tried to do was add custom BGMs to one of the extra maps I've been trying to clone. That's ok, no biggie, and here is...

mp3nametable.txt

example.rsw#bgm\example.mp3#

But my question is: how do I configure Thor to patch the BGM folder (that's outside my GRF)? I've tried changing the output when using ThorGenerator, but even if I select the /BGM option it still won't add the file to the BGM folder (maybe it creates something somewhere still inside the .grf, but that's not what I want). I've tried to create a patch with a 'bgm' folder containing my custom .mp3 and then setting the output to [root], but that didn't work either.

Any help with any of these subjects is very much appreciated.

I guess this is solved, so the topic may be closed.

I think I just needed a night's rest. I deleted everything and started a new patch with the very same configs and everything worked as it should. I must've thought I did something I didn't or whatever.

Edited by Descending Sky

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet