BROWEDIT COMMERCIAL

eremesnyc

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

I'm pretty much a newbie in making maps, I made a custom map with izlude as my base file, cleared of everything and used prontera buildings and textures, set the GAT manually (no gat collision 2), and the lightmaps based from syouji's tutorial, generated the lgihtmaps after I fixed everything, But when I uploaded it to the test server I ran into a major problem. I can't walk across the map, it's all in black and when I warped a couple of times, I got into a part of the map but no objects and it was dim.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/ProjectEremes/screeneAthena001_zps57fbda27.jpg
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/ProjectEremes/screeneAthena000_zps10bc65aa.jpg

EDIT:

*Sorry for the title, idk why i typed commercial, Should be browedit support question

Edited by eremesnyc

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60

it looks like the map cant load the models and textures, try to look the path where your browedit config is getting the files and check if they are on your data.grf or data folder

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  13

This is what my RO config looks like:

<config>
    <ro directory="C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Miscellaneous\PROJECTRO\RO">
       <grf>C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Miscellaneous\PROJECTRO\RO\data.grf</grf>
       <grf>C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Miscellaneous\PROJECTRO\RO\rdata.grf</grf>
    <grf>C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Miscellaneous\PROJECTRO\RO\arcturus.grf</grf>
    <grf>C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Miscellaneous\PROJECTRO\RO\customalexa.grf</grf>
    <grf>C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Miscellaneous\PROJECTRO\RO\customalexa2.grf</grf>
     </ro>    

I'm using the eathena beginner v4 for testing, and I pretty much did was open grf and used the izlude as the base map, put tons of black texture to decrease the size of the map. (or should I use the default yellow? for bordering?) I can't get it why it won't load the textures and models if what I did was opening them from the grf. Do I have to extract the grf using the grf factory to check? which I did problem is it's in korean and it's been painstaking sorting through them.