• Content Count:  150

what is needed to host a ragnarok server

6 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195

Hello,

You can host your ragnarok server in your PC or VPS :)

Goodluck.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  139

There are many of them. You can read the wiki or Google it. You need a VPS or a Dedicated Server complete with basic services/softwares such MySQL, PHP, SVN, Apache or nGinx and many more.

You can also use buy/rent a VPS from hosting provider specifically designed for RO like AsuraHosting.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  29

explaining further you need mysql so you can put the games server data in there, you need php for connecting clients via web browser to register (create or support existing accounts), SVN so you can transfer files from rathena to your hosted server or from your pc to hosted server, Apache or IIS since it is what makes the web server run.

you need basic understanding on database management, dns or basic network for hosting servers, web developent, knowledge on rathena ro game icluding its tools for the game...

As tool to edit on your pc for client and server files you may need VS, diff patcher, grftool,grf builder, odbg, peviewer, weemapcche, etc

Edited by BruceW

• Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01

Hello,

You can host your ragnarok server in your PC or VPS :)

Goodluck.

i cant host it in for some reason i cant open the port 6121 in my network can you help me on it

There are many of them. You can read the wiki or Google it. You need a VPS or a Dedicated Server complete with basic services/softwares such MySQL, PHP, SVN, Apache or nGinx and many more.

You can also use buy/rent a VPS from hosting provider specifically designed for RO like AsuraHosting.

can i host it in my home i want to host it in my home

explaining further you need mysql so you can put the games server data in there, you need php for connecting clients via web browser to register (create or support existing accounts), SVN so you can transfer files from rathena to your hosted server or from your pc to hosted server, Apache or IIS since it is what makes the web server run.

you need basic understanding on database management, dns or basic network for hosting servers, web developent, knowledge on rathena ro game icluding its tools for the game...

As tool to edit on your pc for client and server files you may need VS, diff patcher, grftool,grf builder, odbg, peviewer, weemapcche, etc

i have created the ro but i cant host it in my home

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  439

Yes you can. The only reason for you to rent a VPS/Dedicated servers is to ensure your server will be running 24/7, if possible.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01

Yes you can. The only reason for you to rent a VPS/Dedicated servers is to ensure your server will be running 24/7, if possible.

can you tell me how to host server in my pc i have the files ready but i cant get char server to connect to my wan ip with 6121 port even with the port forwarding done on my router