Alternate Max Skill Levels via Lua Files

Vach

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326

Essentially, I want to be able to set different max skill levels for each job. I have already adjusted them server side via skill_tree.txt, but this doesn't seem to be accepted by the client without editing the lua files. Is this possible? If so, I know it has something to do with the following code in skillinfolist.lua:

[sKID.SM_SWORD] = {
 "SM_SWORD";
 SkillName = "Sword Mastery",
 MaxLv = 10,
 SpAmount = { 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 },
 bSeperateLv = false,
 AttackRange = { 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 },
},

I can edit the MaxLv here and it affects everyone that has that skill, regardless of settings in skilltreeview.lua, or serverside.

Anyone know a way around this?

EDIT: As an additional note, I get huge amounts of errors if I the MaxLv here does not match the MaxLv in skill_tree.txt. The solution of course, is to have every job in sync but I'm trying to avoid that.

Edited by Vach

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187

changing maxlevel based on job is possible by editing the "-- Function #3 GetSkillInfo" in skillinfo_f.lua to check if the job is this or that then set the MaxLv by assuming that index 1 is another job and index 2 and so on are different jobs so with that you will just have to call skillInfo.MaxLv[1] = other jobs, skillInfo.MaxLv[2] = this job, and skillInfo.MaxLv[3] = that job...

with that you will have to convert MaxLv to Array in skillinfolist.lua

quite easy to do =)

Edited by Earthlingz
  • Upvote 1

changing maxlevel based on job is possible by editing the "-- Function #3 GetSkillInfo" in skillinfo_f.lua to check if the job is this or that then set the MaxLv by assuming that index 1 is another job and index 2 and so on are different jobs so with that you will just have to call skillInfo.MaxLv[1] = other jobs, skillInfo.MaxLv[2] = this job, and skillInfo.MaxLv[3] = that job...

with that you will have to convert MaxLv to Array in skillinfolist.lua

quite easy to do =)

That sounds like exactly what I need, it will make my server quite more interesting with new jobs.

You'll have to forgive me, I have experience with programming but none with Lua at all... Could you show me an example of the updated function 3 and declaring the array? Once I see it in action I should easily be able to replicate.

Thanks so much. :)

EDIT: After taking a second look at skillinfolist.lua, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get MaxLv to read an array, without making an if statement (which I am unsure what to check for)... is there some kind of function call somewhere I have to modify?

Edited by Vach

I've never been the kind of person to "bump;" but I'm really interested in getting this to work this way and think I'll give it a shot this time. So... yarsh...