Hairstyles 0-7 and 10-11 won't change colour.

Gacrux

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

I'm using RagRE2011-04-05a and as the topic title states; my first 8 hairstyles and a couple more after won't change colours. I've checked my palette pack several times over, and I know it's working because other hairstyles within the default range work just fine. I'm wondering if it's a client, or maybe a packet, issue at this point. I've deduced this based on the fact that the first two hairstyles appear to have been swapped when I switched from RagRE2011-11-22a, as well as the fact that in RagRE2011-04-05a, using @hstyle 0 would set the hair back to the default (red "novice" hair), whereas with RagRE2011-04-05a it doesn't appear to produce a sprite (there's literally no head), and @hstyle 1 changes the hairstyle to the blond "Swordsman" style.

My server doesn't seem to be spitting back any packet mismatches either, and I switched to 2011-04-05a because it was the last client to support 127 hairstyles.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I've also tried reverting to a a client which uses packet version 25 and the problem persists. Hmmm, now I'm wondering if the same thing will happen if I change it back to RagRE2011-11-22a...

Edit2: Nope, RagRE2011-11-22a works fine. Anyone either have a Hex code to enable 127 hairstyles in newer clients, or a solution to the messed up hairstyles in RagRE-2011-04-05a?

Edit3: Solved. The order of the hairstyles was no longer hardcoded after a certain date, however, this hardcoding returned at some point. Using RagRE2011-11-22 I found out the the order the sprites are supposed to be in versus the order they're actually in inside the default grf.For anyone else with this problem; you must switch both the .sprs and the .acts, or else your heads will have incorrect positioning.

Edited by Gacrux

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet