Custom scripts

Euphy

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

I was looking through the custom folder (yet again) and was reminded of the number of worthless scripts still in there. So how do you all feel about adding in some new scripts people have released, and cleaning out a few of the old ones? For example, including general quest scripts instead of specific ones, and some common event scripts instead of not-so-well-written holiday scripts, etc.

Post any scripts (or just edit my post yourself, whatever) you'd want added or deleted here, and links to them if possible.

Add:

Delete:

There's an issue of script standardization (what they should all look like), but does anyone really care?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

I don't think it's necessary to serve up a list of custom scripts. Let the server owner pick their own custom script.

The thing is... we've already got custom scripts. And they're really bad. So I feel obligated to at least supply some good ones, or we should be getting rid of these altogether.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

The thing is... we've already got custom scripts. And they're really bad. So I feel obligated to at least supply some good ones, or we should be getting rid of these altogether.

Instead of removing all of them, just remove the non-essential ones and serve them up via the Download System.

I'm not entirely sure how you'd differentiate - while I've separated most of what I think falls under "essential" into the root folder already, I still think a lot of the other scripts should be kept, since they're not bad and are somewhat used (from my experience). I don't think we should be adding a huge number of scripts, by any means, but we've definitely got related scripts much more useful (and more widespread) than the current ones.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764

Basically I share Arcenciels opinion. Server owners should pick their custom scripts.

But on the other hand we already have that folder and it's used by many people.

I'm fine with your idea, Euphy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562

I agree with Kenpachi. Euphys idea is fine.

+1 for Euphy.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91

Please, do NOT include my PVP-Ladder. It is old, it is bugged and there are better alternatives. Weird to say that to my own script, but that's just the truth :P