CERES failed to open stream

Tzuridis

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

Hi,

I have been struggling with Flux and CERES and get pretty much the same error with both. I ended up choosing CERES (but will probably change to Gorgon when that comes out) I chose CERES because it is a simpler design. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew what permissions I need to add for my VPS which contains the mysql settings.

This is the error I get when I try to run install script:

fopen(config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied *************************public_html/cp2/cerescp/branches/ceresplus/install/install.php on line 317 Can't create config.php. Check your permissions and press back.

The same thing happens if I use just ceres not ceresplus as well.

Any Ideas?

Thank you,

Tzuridis

Edited by Tzuridis

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2223

This means the installer script does not have write permissions to create the config file.

Make sure your website files are chmod'd to the user & group that your webserver runs as, and make sure the CeresCP folder has 755 permission (rwxr-xr-x)

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

Oh ok, I have the main folder and all folders to user and group with read, write & execute, but some of the files have permissions that are like 644 even though the folder they are in are 755. Do I have to do it for each individual file?

Thanks for your reply

Edit:

Added it to all files, still doesnt seem to work yet.

I figured it out and for anyone who also may have this problem simply change all the permissions to 777 allowing "world" to read, write and execute.

Thank you everyone,

Tzuridis

Edited by Tzuridis