New player account creation

TI99Kitty

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

I had a private server acouple of years ago, but have been away for awhile. I'm trying to set up a server again, and have been running into problems at every turn. I've worked many of them out myself (the wiki is no help at all), but I can't figure out where the player accounts are stored. There used to be a file, which could be edited, containing all the player accounts (as well as one that contained the players' characters). These files no longer seem to exist, and there is no obvious way to create new player accounts (I used to add them manually to the player account file).

How do I add new player accounts? Don't suggest using the client to create an account, as I still haven't figured out how to get the client to run without crashing. For all I know, it may have created the account, but I have no way of knowing, since I can't find any sign of it on the server side.

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  439

A good place to start, this Section. It will show you the changes after forking eAthena. One of the threads from that section has a

title "r15503: TXT save engine removed".

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  5

Okay, so I'm going to take the fact that none of the threads listed on that page even mention account creation, that the only way to do it is client-side, or using MySQL. Fortunately, I found a version of MySQL that doesn't max out my CPU's, RAM and pagefile for 20 minutes, then crash and tell me that there's some undefined bug, so I can now actually edit and compile files. Now, all I need is to figure out why the rAthena client disconnects during character creation.

I guess this topic can be closed now.

Edited by TI99Kitty