2011-11-22aRagexeRE Client

Valkyrja

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10

All the guides and forum topics I've read mention obtaining a client then using Shin's Diff Patcher in order to hex the client. I use the diff patcher successfully and without error. I end up with a '2011-11-22aRagexeRE.exe.patched.exe' inside a folder I created.

When I first went to run the .exe I received a few .dll errors so I downloaded the proper .dll files and placed them into the folder with the .exe. The next time I went to run the .exe a DATA.INI file is spawned followed by nothing.

2u4kchw.jpg

However when I open the Task Manager it shows the .exe running in the background.

29gkjdc.jpg

I see that several forum topics mentioned needing to edit clientinfo.xml inside the data folder but as you can see I don't have a data folder or a data.grf. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  54

I don't know if you are trolling or not lol.. but you need to download the Korean Ragnarok in order to play any server.

Yeah, definitely not trolling. I'm new to all this.

And as I said before there seems to be no 100% completed guide for setting up a client. Everything I've seen just talks about obtaining a client, and using Shin's Diff Patcher. The rA wiki is unfortunately lacking in this subject. It's great for server-side stuff but isn't very complete when it comes to client stuff.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  54

There are 2 differents things.. you just want to play RO? or make your own server for any purpose?, Because as far as i see, you never played RO before.. is weird to want to make a server without experiencie playing a bit at least.

There are 2 differents things.. you just want to play RO? or make your own server for any purpose?, Because as far as i see, you never played RO before.. is weird to want to make a server without experiencie playing a bit at least.

I've played RO for the past seven years. I'm not trying to PLAY; I'm attempting to create my own private server. I don't see how, just because I'm confused on what it is I'm supposed to be doing, means I've apparently never played RO before.

As I said before, whenever someone asks about setting up a client they get linked to the Ragexe files and told to use Shin's Diff Patcher. I'm here asking for what the other steps are since there is (obviously) way more that I'm missing.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  93

Here is the most complete guide I know but its in french. You may want to google translate :P

--> http://board.frathena.net/index.php?showtopic=4700

It tells you step by step how to make your client.

Worked for me!

• Upvote 1

Here is the most complete guide I know but its in french. You may want to google translate :P

--> http://board.frathen...?showtopic=4700

It tells you step by step how to make your client.

Worked for me!

Thank you, very much! I am so grateful. /lv

• Upvote 1