Ground Drift Effects?

Sandalphon

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8

I'm taking a peek at Gunslinger's Ground Drift in order to better understand how it works.

case UNT_GROUNDDRIFT_WIND:
			if(skill_attack(skill_get_type(sg->skill_id),ss,src,bl,sg->skill_id,sg->skill_lv,tick,sg->val1))
				sc_start(ss,bl,SC_STUN,50,sg->skill_lv,skill_get_time2(sg->skill_id, 1));
			break;
		case UNT_GROUNDDRIFT_DARK:
			if(skill_attack(skill_get_type(sg->skill_id),ss,src,bl,sg->skill_id,sg->skill_lv,tick,sg->val1))
				sc_start(ss,bl,SC_BLIND,50,sg->skill_lv,skill_get_time2(sg->skill_id, 2));
			break;
		case UNT_GROUNDDRIFT_POISON:
				sc_start2(ss,bl,SC_POISON,50,sg->skill_lv,ss->id,skill_get_time2(sg->skill_id, 3));
			break;
		case UNT_GROUNDDRIFT_WATER:
				sc_start(ss,bl,SC_FREEZE,50,sg->skill_lv,skill_get_time2(sg->skill_id, 4));
			break;
		case UNT_GROUNDDRIFT_FIRE:
				skill_blown(src,bl,skill_get_blewcount(sg->skill_id,sg->skill_lv),-1,BLOWN_NONE);
			break;

Each trap has a different effect depending on which Sphere is used to place it. The duration of each status effect is called from Duration2 within the skill_db.yml file.

I was able to confirm that Poison, Blind and Stun indeed work correctly. But once I tried the Water Sphere, I ran into issues. I'm able to freeze enemies but they don't stay frozen for the 12 seconds that are stated in skill_db.yml. In fact, they will break out of freeze immediately. I tried against monsters and players, same result.

Also, although these calls have skill_lv on them, I was unable to figure out what they do for the purpose of status effects. While they do increase the damage of the traps, I don't see where they fit here.

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

your damage is probably being applied after the status effect if the break is instant, or your status duration timer is 0 for whatever reason. that could be because of status resistances, or because it's not getting the time correctly in the first place.

image.thumb.png.8da2cabe0dd302499c270e877d4f86ac.png

you have some extra hard coded number there that i don't("4"), there's a chance that could be the culprit. or, if you've modified status effects already, there is also a chance you bugged your status effect tick code for freeze at some point

i short, i need more info on your files to solve it, if that's not the problem.

Edited by blinzer