Client cannot find spr/act file for custom npc

Geowil

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Hello, I am having an issue adding in a custom npc sprite to my client.  I think it may have to do with a mismatch in client files vs the actual client.  So, just in case, does anyone know if the formatting of the lua/b files has changed since the Nov-2015 client?  If yes, then you can ignore the rest of this post (but please reply that this is the case) and if not then here is the rest of the information.

I am currently trying to revive my RO server which I took offline in 2009 but I am having issues getting a custom NPC sprite to show in-game.  Here are all of the steps I have done until this point:

I added the NPC ID to the npc.hpp file with the following line of code before NPC_Range3_END:

JT_Jiburu = 10500,

I added an entry to data\lua files\datainfo\jobidentity.lub:

JT_Jiburu = 10500,

I added an entry to data\lua files\datainfo\jobname.lub:

[jobtbl.JT_Jiburu] = "jiburu",

I added an entry to data\lua files\datainfo\npcidentity.lub:

JT_Jiburu = 10500,

I have also added all three of these entries to the data\luafiles514\lua files\... files as well.

I then placed my jiburu.spr and jiburu.act files into data\sprite\npc.

However, when I log into my server I am getting a file not found error:

Spr :: Cannot find File : sprite\npc\.spr
Cannot find File : sprite\npc\.act

I have placed all of the above mentioned files into my data.grf in case the client I am using is not reading from the data folder first (I did not diff it and don't know what patches were added).

Not sure what I have not yet done or have done wrong as, as far as I can tell I have done all of the steps necessary to the client side based on several of the guides I have looked through.

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Nevermind I got it.  I had not realized that another GRF was being loaded before the data.grf and the lub files in there did not have the entries which meant that the client had no clue what sprite to look for for this strange and new npc it suddenly found.  Added my modified lubs to the first grf loaded and now the npc shows up just fine.