Visual Studio 2017 Installation

Eclipze

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16

What features for Visual Studio 2017 Community do i need installed  on my VPS in order to install ragnarok properly? the rAthena Wiki doesn't tell you what to install it just says you need it installed... :/ Please advise

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  141

You don't need visual studio on your vps, since you're not editing your code there.

Follow the directions here: https://github.com/rathena/rathena#rathena

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  16

On 8/10/2017 at 7:19 AM, Nitrous said:

You don't need visual studio on your vps, since you're not editing your code there.

Follow the directions here: https://github.com/rathena/rathena#rathena

Thank you so much! I have compiled my server and fixed a missing .dll file problem. Now i am running into another issue... had some weird (0c0000007b) error or something that nature on the map server... I'm in the process of trouble shooting that right now but it hasnt been kind. I'll post it if the current fix doesn't 

On 8/11/2017 at 4:31 AM, Eclipze said:

Thank you so much! I have compiled my server and fixed a missing .dll file problem. Now i am running into another issue... had some weird (0c0000007b) error or something that nature on the map server... I'm in the process of trouble shooting that right now but it hasnt been kind. I'll post it if the current fix doesn't 

Alright... So now when i try to run the server the login server and character servers start up fine but the map server gives me this error -- map-server.exe The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? I've searched google and couldnt find anything relevant so far, i've tried doing a disk repair and downloading VS 12 and 13 files.