2 Servers using 1 Database is possible?

Fily

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  51

Hello,

Is it possible to setup an exact copy of SERVER-A and use the exact same database that it is using? I want to create a SERVER-B for me and my GMs to test some scripts and other stuffs before implementing it to SERVER-A and I want to use the same database that SERVER-A is using. Will it conflict the database if both servers are online?

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23

You can only use the same login database without conflicting with the other server. This means you can login with the same account info in server A, but different characters. To do this:

1. Copy your SERVER-A files to make SERVER-B files.
  2. Make a new SERVER-B database(not necessarily a SERVER-A database copy, you can just make a new one).
  3. In SERVER-B files's "/conf/inter_athena.conf" edit only the following to your SERVER-B database:
  • MySQL Character server
  • MySQL Map Server
  • MySQL Log Database

If you're going to run both servers from the same machine, don't forget to change the ports on SERVER-B files's "/conf/login_athena.conf & char_athena.conf & map_athena.conf" you can just make them all +1

Run SERVER-B and edit the login port in your clientinfo.xml to the same as the port in SERVER-B's login_athena.conf

Login with the same info as in SERVER-A database & Enjoy!

• Upvote 2