Creating content for a custom Mapflag?

Neutral

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8

Hello all, I have successfully created a recognizable mapflag after following the helpful instructions located here. With that being said I'm pretty confident this mapflag is working properly since in game if I enter "@mapflag newmapflagtest 1 or @mapflag newmapflagtest 0" it will give me the following messages:

[ @mapflag ] newmapflagtest flag has been set to On value = 1
[ @mapflag ] newmapflagtest flag has been set to Off value = 0

So as far as I know what this tells me is that the mapflag itself works and is ready to be used in a map, which is great.

But now I feel like I'm ready to take on the next step of the process. What I'm looking to understand now is how to create content for this new mapflag to use. So what I was thinking of doing to learn this was possibly looking at another existing mapflag, such as skill_damage_db (or ADJUST_SKILL_DAMAGE & MF_SKILL_DAMAGE as I think the source is calling it) and maybe breaking it down to see all the components that go into it working so that way I understand how mapflags actually work. That way I could also possibly recreate it (in other words make a copy of it) into my new newmapflagtest flag to see by example how to go about making content in a mapflag. This is because I learn a lot better by examples and looking at existing content; problem is, I don't exactly know where all the components are that make up its content, nor do I understand how mapflags know to go to their appropriate textfiles for variables/changes (skill_damage_db.txt in this case) which is why I'm asking for guidance here. Thank you all very much for your help and support.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet