How does client version affect game content?

HoboSagePoobeard

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

Sorry if some of this is basic questions, but I don't understand how the client version affects game content.

From what I understand, you can use an older ragexe file with newer kRO data for the client? Is that right??

would/could you still get the latest game content with an older ragexe??Or is the content (like newer episodes, items, classes...)done by the server?

What is the difference in-game between a 2013 and 2015 version?

Could you make a newer client use older packet versions??

I followed a youtube guide to set up a  server using some new kRO data and a 2015-09-16 ragexe file. It works great in-game, but was trying to make a bot server, and openKore only supports kRO packet versions up to 2013-08-07a, and I don't know how to update it. Pasting the 2015 packet info into the openkore files over top the old 2013 data didn't work, and it looks like the project is totally dead, so now It seems I need to figure out how to get everything compatible with 2013 packet versions.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  156

1. Yes

2. Old clients,like 2012 and below, have limitation on maximum npcID, ItemID and some new headgears won't show correctly. They're only good for prerenewal server (episode 13.2).

3. Not much really, just some UI revamps, many 2015 client features aren't implemented by emulator right now, aside from doram race ofc.

4. You won't be able to connect.

5. Tried openkore with 20130807, works just fine.