Client crashes because of weapon view ID in itemInfo.lub

MaQc

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8

Hi all,

I have a weird issue regarding weapons view IDs. When I use a clean copy of itemInfo.lub (from here : https://rathena.org/board/topic/66962-basic-complete-renewal-data-english-folder/) everything works fine. But when I add a couple custom items to itemInfo, I get a gravity error on login.

After several tests, I found it was because of the weapons view IDs. If I reset the "weapon" column of the "char" database to zero, I can login fine. But when I equip a weapon again (let's say Tsurugi, ID 1119) then log off, it crashes when I log back in.

item_db has a view ID of 2 for Tsurugi, and itemInfo also has a ClassNum of 2. I tried to encode itemInfo both in ANSI and UTF-8 without BOM, but nothing seems to solve the issue. Also, daggers and katars work fine. I get a crash for swords and maces. Haven't test all types of weapons yet.

I'm using the 2013-12-23c executable.

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

After some more tests, I found it was because of the IDs of my custom items (which are below 500). It seems that IDs below 500 conflict with weapons views. Is it mandatory to have high item IDs then?

Edited by MaQc

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet