Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  120

Question,

When editing these. the guide

http://eathena.ws/wiki/index.php/Category:Configuration#Setting_Drop_rates

http://eathena.ws/wiki/index.php/Category:Configuration#Changing_the_base.2Fjob_experience_rates

says that it should be found on /trunk/conf/battle/drops.txt. Is that the only file that you'll edit or its the same as editing the max level

http://eathena.ws/wiki/index.php/Edit_Max_Level

where I found that in battle.c file there's lines specifically

{ "item_drop_common_min",			   &battle_config.item_drop_common_min,		    1,	  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_common_max",			   &battle_config.item_drop_common_max,		    10000,  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_equip_min",			    &battle_config.item_drop_equip_min,			 1,	  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_equip_max",			    &battle_config.item_drop_equip_max,			 10000,  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_card_min",				 &battle_config.item_drop_card_min,			  1,	  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_card_max",				 &battle_config.item_drop_card_max,			  10000,  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_mvp_min",				  &battle_config.item_drop_mvp_min,			   1,	  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_mvp_max",				  &battle_config.item_drop_mvp_max,			   10000,  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_heal_min",				 &battle_config.item_drop_heal_min,			  1,	  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_heal_max",				 &battle_config.item_drop_heal_max,			  10000,  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_use_min",				  &battle_config.item_drop_use_min,			   1,	  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_use_max",				  &battle_config.item_drop_use_max,			   10000,  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_add_min",				  &battle_config.item_drop_adddrop_min,		   1,	  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_add_max",				  &battle_config.item_drop_adddrop_max,		   10000,  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_treasure_min",			 &battle_config.item_drop_treasure_min,		  1,	  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_drop_treasure_max",			 &battle_config.item_drop_treasure_max,		  10000,  1,	  10000,		  },
{ "item_rate_mvp",					  &battle_config.item_rate_mvp,				   100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_common",				   &battle_config.item_rate_common,			    100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_common_boss",			  &battle_config.item_rate_common_boss,		   100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_equip",				    &battle_config.item_rate_equip,				 100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_equip_boss",			   &battle_config.item_rate_equip_boss,		    100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_card",					 &battle_config.item_rate_card,				  100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_card_boss",			    &battle_config.item_rate_card_boss,			 100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_heal",					 &battle_config.item_rate_heal,				  100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_heal_boss",			    &battle_config.item_rate_heal_boss,			 100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_use",					  &battle_config.item_rate_use,				   100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_use_boss",				 &battle_config.item_rate_use_boss,			  100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_adddrop",				  &battle_config.item_rate_adddrop,			   100,    0,	  1000000,	    },
{ "item_rate_treasure",				 &battle_config.item_rate_treasure,			  100,    0,	  1000000,	    },

{ "base_exp_rate",					  &battle_config.base_exp_rate,				   100,    0,	  INT_MAX,	    },
{ "job_exp_rate",					   &battle_config.job_exp_rate,				    100,    0,	  INT_MAX,	    },

Thanks to those who'll clear this up.

12 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  835

// The rate at which equipment is dropped.

item_rate_equip: 100

item_rate_equip_boss: 100

item_drop_equip_min: 1500 //<--- I adjust here so the drop rate should be 15%

item_drop_equip_max: 10000

i'm also newbie on this. and i already test today how it's work. it's kinda work.

// The rate at which cards are dropped

item_rate_card: 300 //<----Normal rate 3x

item_rate_card_boss: 100 //<----Boss rate 1x

item_drop_card_min: 500 // <----5% drop rate (boss should be 5%, Normal 5x3=15% )

item_drop_card_max: 10000

for mvp card i still not yet test it's work or not. i will set like this. correct me if i'm wrong =)

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1315

Not quite sure if I understand what you're asking but if you're setting Drop and EXP rates all you need to touch are whatever is in /trunk/conf/battle/drops.txt.

Don't think I've seen anyone touch the source just to edit the drop and exp rates.

Not quite sure if I understand what you're asking but if you're setting Drop and EXP rates all you need to touch are whatever is in /trunk/conf/battle/drops.txt.

Don't think I've seen anyone touch the source just to edit the drop and exp rates.

noted. but when editing max level, why do have to edit the source?

Yes, if it is higher than what is defined in the source.

Yes, if it is higher than what is defined in the source.

ok. I've edited my aspd on battle.c,from what I understand, its wrong too, then :S

EDIT:

what's and what's not to edit, I seem not to get what's the difference between

item_rate from

item_drop

Edited by fictionworld

We'll use item_rate_common as an example:

item_rate_common: 100

100 means all drop rates specified in mob_db will be used.

600 means all drop rates will be six times as high as defined in mob_db

item_drop_common_min: 1
item_drop_common_max: 10000

item_drop_common_min sets all drop rates that are lower than what is defined in item_rate_common into the value given

Ex: Setting item_drop_common_min to 4 and setting item_rate_common to 100 will increase all items with the drop rate of .01% to .04%

item_drop_common_max sets all drop rates that are higher than what is defined in item_rate_common into the value given

This is more used for lowering the drop rate of certain items...for example cards...say you want a server with 100% drop rate except for cards...you can edit item_drop_card_max to 4000 to have it set at 40%. (Not sure if it's really 4000) XD

Hopefully that explains it. Ask more if it's confusing.

• Upvote 1

We'll use item_rate_common as an example:

item_rate_common: 100

100 means all drop rates specified in mob_db will be used.

600 means all drop rates will be six times as high as defined in mob_db

well. I didn't understand their difference, Can you be more specific, example a jellopy with a 30%drop rate from mob_db, In my understanding

setting item_rate_common to 100 means that the drop rates are 100% dependent on the drop rates assigned on mob_db

changing this to 600 will increase its values on mob_db by 6, so 30% X 6 = 180%?

Setting item_rate_common to 100 will keep the 30% drop rate of jellopy. And yes, 600 will increase it's value to 180.

Now say you did set your item_rate_common to 600, you can use item_drop_common_max to limit the drop rate of jellopies lower than how it normally would be.

I highly suggest experimenting with it and checking the difference in game to get a better understanding of how these settings work.

Now say you did set your item_rate_common to 600, you can use item_drop_common_max to limit the drop rate of jellopies lower than how it normally would be.

as we speak, I'm trying. I'm just grasping on to what the guide on wiki XD

well, thanks anyways.. it should be my basis then. thank you.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  835

well. I didn't understand their difference, Can you be more specific, example a jellopy with a 30%drop rate from mob_db, In my understanding

this not only for jellopy. this for whole etc item i think xD! if you want selector one you have to use (suggest by emistry =))

http://rathena.org/b...on-drop-system/

i think Arcencial is trying to say. when you set item_rate_common to 600, but in item_drop_common_max you set 100 so the drop rate in your server = 1x only.

Mind explain what this ? why item drop rate use/add? and adddrop? kinda no understand =)

item_drop_use_min

item_drop_add_min

item_drop_treasure_min

item_rate_use

item_rate_use_boss

item_rate_adddrop

item_rate_treasure

Edited by manabeast

this not only for jellopy. this for whole etc item i think xD! if you want selector one you have to use (suggest by emistry =))

http://rathena.org/b...on-drop-system/

i think Arcencial is trying to say. when you set item_rate_common to 600, but in item_drop_common_max you set 100 so the drop rate in your server = 1x only.

Mind explain what this ? why item drop rate use/add? and adddrop? kinda no understand =)

item_drop_use_min

item_drop_add_min

item_drop_treasure_min

item_rate_use

item_rate_use_boss

item_rate_adddrop

item_rate_treasure

well, from what I've understood from the thread, I'll just have to adjust the item_rate_common, as far as my testing is concern, it changes the default values to what I put.

// The rate at which equipment is dropped.

item_rate_equip: 100

item_rate_equip_boss: 100

item_drop_equip_min: 1500 //<--- I adjust here so the drop rate should be 15%

item_drop_equip_max: 10000

i'm also newbie on this. and i already test today how it's work. it's kinda work.

// The rate at which cards are dropped

item_rate_card: 300 //<----Normal rate 3x

item_rate_card_boss: 100 //<----Boss rate 1x

item_drop_card_min: 500 // <----5% drop rate (boss should be 5%, Normal 5x3=15% )

item_drop_card_max: 10000

for mvp card i still not yet test it's work or not. i will set like this. correct me if i'm wrong =)

yea, that's what I did too. :D good to know we're on the right path lol :D