mapindex_name2id: Map "map_name" not found in index list!

Azura Skyy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  545

I've recently encountered an irritating error message and am hoping someone else may have a solution. There have been at least three topics regarding this issue, with only one of them being 'solved,' and the person didn't share what the solution was.

As the title says and the image shows-

xjQdJJS.png

I'm not sure what I did to cause it, and I can assure you that the maps with errors are in my map_index.txt
I've added maps to my mapcache.dat recently, but It's always adding to, never taking maps out, so I'm at a loss for guesses on what might've happened.

Thanks in advance,
~Azura Skyy

5 answers to this question

Sorry, I'm not sure how I missed that part. Anyway, can you show us the starting index of your custom map(s)?

It should be on /db/mapindex.txt, perhaps you need to increase the index to accommodate for official maps, 

however, if you've added other custom maps before, and it worked fine prior to this one, then I'm out of ideas.

I'll try checking out the latest rA version, and add a custom map, to make sure it's not anything related to the recent updates.

Image provided.

IkQ07FV.png

I've gone ahead and screenied an earlier message that depicts a different error. I'm sure it's significant.

GlrWf0T.png

Sorry for the large image.

Thanks in advance,
~AzuraSkyy

Solution:

Please pay close attention to your map index. This accidental splotch of random characters has caused me a heap of stress.
Hope everyone else who encounters this will have a much more pleasant experience fixing it. X.X

1qQIRCX.png

Thanks for everyone who posted,
~Azura Skyy

• Love 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317

These seem to be standard, non-custom maps. It would help if you could tell us what changes you made before all these started to happen.

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

did you check your conf/maps_athena.conf too ??

These seem to be standard, non-custom maps. It would help if you could tell us what changes you made before all these started to happen.

I described my recent changes in my opening post. I added one new map. I did everything you would normally do to add a custom map.

did you check your conf/maps_athena.conf too ??

Yes. I've double checked everything a dozen times before posting. I saved everything after confirming that they were right, and restarted the server to double check if the issue persisted.

Here are all of the files and my mapcache to confirm that my files aren't missing...

ZYOphaN.png

qBYBBDa.png

UEZZof2.png

fbalygf.png

Thanks for your replies and continued support,
~Azura Skyy

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317

I described my recent changes in my opening post. I added one new map. I did everything you would normally do to add a custom map.

Sorry, I'm not sure how I missed that part. Anyway, can you show us the starting index of your custom map(s)?

It should be on /db/mapindex.txt, perhaps you need to increase the index to accommodate for official maps, 

however, if you've added other custom maps before, and it worked fine prior to this one, then I'm out of ideas.

I'll try checking out the latest rA version, and add a custom map, to make sure it's not anything related to the recent updates.