Connect and create Client side

mrlikeace

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

Can someone help me on how to create a client that connects with my server(localhost)?

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1546

Alright! the things you need to run and connect to your server side using client (Of course xD).

• Client date. (It's up to you if you want to explore more) Click This!
  • Data folder & Translated Click This! (Download the version 4.0)
  • Full kRO Client or depends on what you want you can choose. Click This!
  • To diff your client you need to use this tool. Click This! (oh! where can I get the undiffed client? => on the Full kRO link. right above this line. you can undiff clients there)

Questions : Is there a guide what how to diff the client?

Answer : http://rathena.org/board/topic/70962-recommended-client-setup/ (also try to explore if this answer didn't help you at all)

Question : Where should I put the Data Folder version 4.0

Answer : Your kRO full client files must be on the same folder with the v 4.0 data folder. (ex: desktop/RO/kRO_Files+data_folder_v4.0)

for me that's all you need to setup your client Oh! by the way on your server side make sure that on you trunk/src/common/mmo.h

find this line

#ifndef PACKETVER
	//#define PACKETVER 20130807  // 20130807 means the date of your Client.
	//#define PACKETVER 20120410  // 20120410 same here. just put the date of what client date you are using. so server and client will be compatible to each other.
                                      // Dont forget to remove the " // " before the #define because if you didn't remove that thing your server will not run. (not sure though) but it 
                                      // should be removed.
#endif

then this will be on your client side your clientinfo.xml open it.

make sure that you configure this correctly

<address>127.0.0.1</address> // You can put your WAN IP here or just you localhost.
      <port>6900</port> // Login port default : 6900 you can see the port on the server side. but if you didn't change the ports on server side 6900 should be the port you put on here.
      <version>30</version> // version. mine was 30 because I used 20120410 client date. what does 30 means? It means that its your packet version. this can be changed in the future if you want to use newer      clients just check it on your trunk/db/packet_db.txt.

Im not that good at explaining but I hope this can give you a hint/idea on how to connect both Server & Client side.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  715

Please move this topic to support.