Chat length issue

Nyax

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

Hi, I'm having an issue with the chat length, not sure if it's from Client or Server side.

Basically, any sentence longer than ~70 characters in public chat will be cropped. Something weird, other chats (PM, team, guild) works ok up to more than 200 characters.

My client if diffed with the appropriate options for extended chat box and the message appear correctly in the chat. But for the players viewing the messages it will be cropped.

Server-side, I have the default CHAT_SIZE_MAX (255 + 1), and tried to change CHATBOX_SIZE (70 + 1) to (255 + 1) too (not sure what this one does) but no luck.

Actually there was a bug report long ago but it's closed now, that's why I'm writing this new topic.

http://rathena.org/board/tracker/issue-8644-chat-length/

How do you deal with that guys ? Except for the bug report I don't see anything on the forums, did someone fixed it ?

My players always bother me about that, and it's true having your messages cropped is not fun.

Edit: client version is 2013-08-07a

Edited by Nyax

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Hi! As you see from my bug report, I also had this issue. The cause is the diff itself. Unfortunately, the client was changed some time ago, and the diff that allows to write longer messages is now broken. Public chat will be copped. So either try other diff tools (I had no success) or disable the feture.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  215

Still no diff tool solving this ?