R>LHZ boss edited sprite

Ego

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  79

I was wondering how those LHZ hunters got to edit the LHZ 3 and 4 bosses into a DETALE sprite...

someone showed me a video of them hunting with that kinda of sprite edit but he's just teasing me and making me envy them cause I want that too...

so I've tried on making my own but extracting grf files and finding mobs sprites...

and editing and finding and changing just makes my head and eyes hurts for a week...

so now I can't make it... and that's why I'm here...

requesting if anyone can help me bout this...

I've tried changing pupa into a detale as a trial but it fails... fabre to detale but it also fails... and so on...

all FAILS.

I can't seem to change any monster to a detale sprite.

and I posted here cause I really can't do it alone... maybe someone can help me.

I hope someone here can help me...

I just know that a lot here are PROs... that's why I'm asking here.

thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657

I think he wants to do this client-side only (without modifying the server files).

What you're looking for is normally quite simple, except in the particular case of lhz3 bosses (and a few others). Let's start with a basic mob sprite 'edit'.

To change the Pupa mob to Detale, you would do :

• Find the real name of the mob (may have to use a database editor), in this case it's simply "pupa". This means the client will read and load the files "data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅÍ\pupa.act" and "data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅÍ\pupa.spr". You don't have to extract these.
  • Find the real name of the mob you want to replace it with, detale in this case.
  • Extract both "data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅÍ\detale.spr" and "data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅÍ\detale.act" and put these files in the directory "data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅÍ\" (I'm assuming your client reads the data folder first).
  • If the folder doesn't exist within your RO folder, simply create it yourself...
  • Rename the files to pupa.spr and pupa.act (btw, this is not a known trick, but if you select both files and rename the first one, it will rename both automatically and keep the original extension, which is quite useful and faster).

When you go ingame, the pupa mob will appear as detale. Here's what you should get anyway : 
A7bj1q7.png

As for lhz3 bosses, these require more work. The regular mob uses the sprite name "SEYREN" and the boss sprite name is "B_SEYREN", which is being redirected to "SEYREN". Therefore both mobs use the same sprites.

This can be changed though! You will need to edit the file "data\lua files\datainfo\jobname.lub". The location of the file depends of your client setup, it may be already decompiled too... I can't go into full details for that part. You can download the file here though : http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Lua_Project/lua%20files/datainfo/jobname.lua . You may have to change the extension to .lub depending of the client setup. Search for the line [jobtbl.JT_B_SEYREN] = "SEYREN". Change "SEYREN" for whatever you want, I'd put "B_SEYREN" to be consistent. Now extract any sprite you want, such as detale.spr/.act and change the name to b_seyren.act/.spr.

It seems complicated, but after a few times, it will be very easy ;). Hope this helps!

Edit : result ingame

FYIAsyC.png

Edited by Tokei
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  587

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7

Has anyone managed to make this grf?

I was wondering how those LHZ hunters got to edit the LHZ 3 and 4 bosses into a DETALE sprite...

Can someone give me one please?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14

Sorry to revive this old topic here. But is there any grf for this out yet? I tried to take Secrets's "jobName.lua" and merged it with a grf but it didnt work. Do you have to edit the jobname.lua in the data.grf or in the customro.grf?

Would be awesome if anyone could help me out here Q_Q.

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

db/mob_avail.txt ?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  79

thanks sir... you're the best! /no1