[Suggestion] Atcommand restart

Aureon

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  281

Hello rAthena~
I am here to suggest something that maybe useful to the community. I don't know if this was already suggested before and i don't know if this is possible. Suggesting for atcommand restart. A command like @reloadscript, @loaditemdb and etc. that just in one command, the server will automatically restart. This would be less hassle for the reason that you don't need to open your software just to restart the server. Other advantages for this would be, we can make a script for a schedule to restart the like every weekend.

I don't know if the community likes the idea / suggestion but i am willing to accept comments (either positive or negative).
Thank you and have a nice day.  /kis2

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

Not that it's impossible or anything but, this is useless in the result of a server crash as you would need to be connected to the map server. So essentially you'd need to run the software anyways in that case. So, there really a need. Especially when it takes only 10seconds - 2mins to restart. Either way your players are kicked off. So might as well just launch the programs.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737

Other advantages for this would be, we can make a script for a schedule to restart the like every weekend.
You can already do this with a cronjob on linux, and a schedule task on windows.

Which software are you referring too ?

It would be possible but necessitate that you launch the servers with a special command like athena-start or such. (which is the program that will perform the restart command).

Otherwise right now you could do : './athena-start watch'

and make an atcommand to shutdown server, (the watch will relaunch it just like you wished)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

There is already @mapexit. The rest is batch/bash scripting + task scheduler.