Ads and Donations

Akkarin

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

Evening all!

As some of you have already noticed, i've made a few changes to the way you guys can donate to rAthena. The donation button on the right side of the main board index has been removed and replaced with a "Package" in the new rAthena Store.

This new process will help to manage donations much more efficiently than the more recent method, as i am fully aware how long it can take to get a response from an Admin regarding group changes. It is now automatic.

If you've visited the Store within the last few hours you may have also noticed another package called Banner Advert. We are introducing banner advertisements at the top of all forum pages. Please read the product description for full details. You can access the store from the Community tab on the navigation bar:

62d7190f95.png

Don't forget, all members of staff should have a Paypal button on their own forum profile should you wish to donate to them directly.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  931

Many server owners are waiting for this. Now I'm sure many will love the advertisement part

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43

Many server owners are waiting for this. Now I'm sure many will love the advertisement part

Agree. 

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

Question for banner advertisement:

1. Let's say I purchased it for a month, any report about impression & clicks?
  2. Let's say more than 5 banners + 1 banner about rA "place ur banner here", any guarantee how many my banner will be shown in a month?
  3. About the question no. 2, how rAthena will role the banners? Afaik, current script just make the banner placeholder is static content, it only will changes when people reload their page. Why don't make it slideshow banners like common banner unit?

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

Question for banner advertisement:

1. Let's say I purchased it for a month, any report about impression & clicks?
  2. Let's say more than 5 banners + 1 banner about rA "place ur banner here", any guarantee how many my banner will be shown in a month?
  3. About the question no. 2, how rAthena will role the banners? Afaik, current script just make the banner placeholder is static content, it only will changes when people reload their page. Why don't make it slideshow banners like common banner unit?

1. Yes, in your client area.

post-3433-0-52433600-1418771222_thumb.jp

2. No guarantee how many times it will be shown, we can't guess at how many visitors will be looking at rAthena during that time o.O

3. It rotates one after the other on each page refresh. If there's 3 banners, you see banner 1, then person 2 refreshes and sees banner 2, then you refresh and you see banner 3. IPS doesn't provide support for turning them into a slideshow..