Recent topics box should be 1st than the others

eKoh

What side box do you use more?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  206

I think that "Recent Topic Box" should be on 1st place instead of the current ones:

e8wrqr.jpg

It should be like this:

10sfxiw.jpg

Because I think that this way, will be easier to the community to reply the topics. And the forums will be more active.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  545

I want to agree with you because I follow the revisions a lot less than I do the threads, but this website is dedicated to the rAthena emulator. Everything else is just for the Community that base themselves around this project.

Regards,

~Azura Skyy

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1096

NOPE!

Disagree!

Current widget position is awesome.

I can check fastly without scrolling bugtracker, and the latest updates!

Hello guys, I want to see what are the most used Side boxes, so we can put them from top to the bottom, the most popular to the less popular, so will be easier for all the rAthena community to navigate through the forums =)

What are Sideboxes??

n2zrwp.jpg

Please be serious, we all want to make rAthena a better community, we should work together to make it happen!

GO rAthena GO!!

I want to agree with you because I follow the revisions a lot less than I do the threads, but this website is dedicated to the rAthena emulator. Everything else is just for the Community that base themselves around this project.

Regards,

~Azura Skyy

Ow, just the community <\3 i think that hercules and rAthena are all about the community, because the community are us, why did eAthena recently died? Because there was nobody in their forums! RAthena is slowly going to the same hole... EAthena was a great emulator but because it lacked of community, it had no longer support and it... Died. rAthena is following the same path...

NOPE!

Disagree!

Current widget position is awesome.

I can check fastly without scrolling bugtracker, and the latest updates!

Oh I see, never tought about that actually somebody tracks the bugs and updates haha, but I am on the other side of the coin, because I take much more time scrolling to see the latest topics...

Why dont we make a poll? So we can see which sideboxes are most used, and place them from top to the bottom:

Most used to

Less used

What side box do you use more?

go there and submit your vote guys, the poll is currently going like this:

eqypop.jpg

Edited by eKoh

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55

I am agree with your opinions . :) 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  554

Hello guys, I want to see what are the most used Side boxes, so we can put them from top to the bottom, the most popular to the less popular, so will be easier for all the rAthena community to navigate through the forums =)

What are Sideboxes??

n2zrwp.jpg

Please be serious, we all want to make rAthena a better community, we should work together to make it happen!

GO rAthena GO!!

Done,,, ^ ^

Maybe can add a sidebox which show a new update for github rAthena?..?

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

to be honest .... I rarely visit the main page of rAthena, probably once in a week or even longer .. O__O

I alway using View New Content , even the bookmark that I made in my browser also using the same link.

EDIT:

** Merged both topic

• Upvote 2

to be honest .... I rarely visit the main page of rAthena, probably once in a week or even longer .. O__O

I alway using View New Content , even the bookmark that I made in my browser also using the same link.

EDIT:

** Merged both topic

nice tip man, i've just bookmarked it haha

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  666

Actually, the side boxes (in the order they are) are just fine. However, if we are going to consider anything of the sort, perhaps we should have it user based and save to profile.

ex. By default, it'll be in the order it is since, that is how it should be, it allows the community to see exactly the progress the developers have done and how fast. This is definately a must since if the community sees a lack in development then yes, it will slowly decline.

ex2. If you log in, then you can drag+drop those into an order you see fit. (I've seen this done on numerous websites, however I'm not sure this forum will support that. If it doesn't then well, just scrap this particular idea).

As stated in ex2, this may not be possible with this forum. If that is the case, then perhaps, a user voted layout.

Seeing as how there are FAR less developers than there are users, we can give those developers a boost in vote points, each user = 1 vote, each dev = 1-10? depending on what would make it fair. This way, developers can vote to get it to have a layout that supports their interests.

@Offtopic - Lastly, I don't think the current decline of rA vs eA is anywhere near comparable. rA is far from being anywhere near that state, however, as with all projects like these, there will be a slow decline in forum activity IF the content lacks anything new. For instance, eA at one point (back before renewal) was at a decline and a fast one at that. However, when kro released renewal, interests sparked and productivity boosted, and the community flocked back to amounts larger than ever.  Basically the same thing is happening with rA (i'd actually say the opposite is true, where its still growing).

Currently, there just isnt much interest in rA atm because there isn't much happening in kro right now. In eA,rA and hercules, there is about a 80% user base that is pure leechers. 15% is people actively asking for help, and providing it. 5% is the developers working their best to bring new content to us while also improving functionality that 90% of users won't really understand/appreciate since it holds no interests to them.

All in all, rA's doing fine.

@OnTopic - If it's possible, a customize able forum layout attached and saved to each person's indivisual profile.

If not, then perhaps a vote should be issued so we can have a majority decision.

You can do this via a poll, where you have people vote for which windows they want where:

ex. Window 1 = Recent Topics, Window 2 = Recent Revisions, Window 3 = Badge Nominees.... etc...

Something to think about D:

• Upvote 1

Actually, the side boxes (in the order they are) are just fine. However, if we are going to consider anything of the sort, perhaps we should have it user based and save to profile.

ex. By default, it'll be in the order it is since, that is how it should be, it allows the community to see exactly the progress the developers have done and how fast. This is definately a must since if the community sees a lack in development then yes, it will slowly decline.

ex2. If you log in, then you can drag+drop those into an order you see fit. (I've seen this done on numerous websites, however I'm not sure this forum will support that. If it doesn't then well, just scrap this particular idea).

As stated in ex2, this may not be possible with this forum. If that is the case, then perhaps, a user voted layout.

Seeing as how there are FAR less developers than there are users, we can give those developers a boost in vote points, each user = 1 vote, each dev = 1-10? depending on what would make it fair. This way, developers can vote to get it to have a layout that supports their interests.

@Offtopic - Lastly, I don't think the current decline of rA vs eA is anywhere near comparable. rA is far from being anywhere near that state, however, as with all projects like these, there will be a slow decline in forum activity IF the content lacks anything new. For instance, eA at one point (back before renewal) was at a decline and a fast one at that. However, when kro released renewal, interests sparked and productivity boosted, and the community flocked back to amounts larger than ever.  Basically the same thing is happening with rA (i'd actually say the opposite is true, where its still growing).

Currently, there just isnt much interest in rA atm because there isn't much happening in kro right now. In eA,rA and hercules, there is about a 80% user base that is pure leechers. 15% is people actively asking for help, and providing it. 5% is the developers working their best to bring new content to us while also improving functionality that 90% of users won't really understand/appreciate since it holds no interests to them.

All in all, rA's doing fine.

@OnTopic - If it's possible, a customize able forum layout attached and saved to each person's indivisual profile.

If not, then perhaps a vote should be issued so we can have a majority decision.

You can do this via a poll, where you have people vote for which windows they want where:

ex. Window 1 = Recent Topics, Window 2 = Recent Revisions, Window 3 = Badge Nominees.... etc...

Something to think about D:

I have never tought that neither O:

The idea of making it customizable is great!

This way we can set it as we want, I think it is the best solution.

Now the problem is... how? haha

Edited by eKoh