Double Casting Cross Impact and ASPD

Izumi

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

Dear rAthena Community,

Sorry if I double post something but I couldn't find a similar problem - and I hope I post in the right section.

I am a Support GM on a Renewal server and today we realized some people can double-cast (spam) the skill Cross Impact but some people can't. I looked it up on the irowiki forums and found this topic where they suggested it is connected to ASPD. The higher ASPD you have the faster you can spam we thought but incidentally, after 179 ASPD you can't double cast Cross Impact. It works fine when you have equal to or lower than 179 (I didn't find the lowest value but it still works on 169) but once you hit 180 ASPD, it doesn't work anymore.

I wouldn't say it's a bug because it can be intentional, but I would like to ask what does this maximum value depend on?

Thank you for your reply!

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22

I'm not sure, but I would guess it has something to do with the animation frames, and how a higher ASPD shortens the opportunity of double-casting Cross Impact.

At least the way I see it, it's also easier to chain a second CI the lower my ASPD is, so maybe it has something to do with ASPD-based skill cooldowns, and how a higher than 180 ASPD makes it impossible for the player to even try and time a second cast after the initial global cooldown period.

I hope this helps to shed some light on the matter. Cheers!