Server opinion regarding population

TiMz

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192

How would you know if you should choose to make your server difficult or easy? Since some players would say that if it's easy they end up getting bored and quit while for others they get lazy when the settings are more difficult. This pertains to obtaining items, leveling and quests. 

Based on my observation it takes so long to gain players when things aren't easy, you get a few hardworking players but soon leaves since the population doesn't rise. But you gain more players easily with the easy setup but then they tend to not stay for long since they know they didn't really work hard for anything.

Share your opinions.

Edited by Isaiah

• Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  554

Ermm... In my observation,it was just like you @Isaiah.. But im prefered hard way,i mean difficult.. Plus more quest,custom quest,event,auto event... which is can entertain player and keep them coming and stay. And the most thing is balanced.
Some player here i mean now were love to play High Rate. Me too but since the last RO i've played closed suddenly.I dont want to play high rate anymore.

Btw is just like in our real life,if all staff give 100% contribution,do thier job well.. Promotion Management,HQ Management,Support Management,that company will surivive is it... Same like ro... If all do that.. nothing to be worried.. Everyday come with a new idea.. Or maybe ask for opinion from player what should do and what should not do... ^ ^ 

By the way,make player as your friends but remember not to close cuz some player were have their agenda..  ^ ^

**Some server also closed after not getting much player** lol.. Try harder... give a fight on that dont give up.. ^ ^ 
Insyallah there will be a way /no1

Edited by CheckMate

@CheckMate How do you keep your GMs motivated. It's like an endless cycle of hiring. After a week or so they start being inactive. 

I guess you're right about asking what the players want. 

More opinions please. :)

@Isaiah 
Ermmm.. Well find the staff which is play ro for so long and always have a spirit of something on time they were hired..  ^ ^
Other wise.. All staff or player can gather around have fun either in real world or maybe in other world... Make connection between player and gm.. Make it look friendly and no barrier between them.. ^ ^ 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42

When I'm looking for a server, one of the first thing I check is the staff. If it looks like a messy bunch of GMs, I immediately cross out the server. Players want stability. They do not want to fear sudden closure or recurrent bugs not being fixed. Most of the successful servers I've seen had a clear staff hierarchy with the relevant subdivisions - support, development, police, management.

It's true that mustering up an efficient team is hard nowadays. A lot of people are trying to be GM just to chill out in main town with their commands. I don't think there is a miracle recipe. It's a mix of luck and insight. You must know how to recognize that someone will make a good addition to your team, but you must also find that person.

Make it look friendly and no barrier between them.. ^ ^ 

I agreed with most of what you said, but I must disagree with that. Yes GM can be friends with players, but there must be a barrier - a clear difference between them. This barrier is there to ensure the staff's authority (better to rule by good reputation instead of by fear of punishment). Without that barrier, players will think that what the GM said are merely suggestion, will stop showing respect to the team and the GMs themselves could forget their impartiality. 

It's very difficult to answer set-up wise. Some players prefer high rates, other mid rates or low rates. And there are categories even among servers featuring the same rates. One thing for sure, if there is no incentive, players will invariably get bored. That's a reason why low rates tend to stick around longer (some high rates have been up for many years, though). The more difficult it is for players, the more rewarded they feel when they get this character at that level or loot this card. 

Then there is the luck factor. Some servers get 100 players during their whole life whereas other servers get 400 players even before the launch. 

Edited by Fanoe

I agreed with most of what you said, but I must disagree with that. Yes GM can be friends with players, but there must be a barrier - a clear difference between them. This barrier is there to ensure the staff's authority (better to rule by good reputation instead of by fear of punishment). Without that barrier, players will think that what the GM said are merely suggestion, will stop showing respect to the team and the GMs themselves could forget their impartiality. 

Hurrrmm... Yap.. that was the right point.. ^ ^

I mean it should be a barrier between player and staff bui mean dont get too serious... some time can be funny happy good lucky person..^ ^ 

Thx cuz mentioned that.. ^ ^

Edited by CheckMate

When I'm looking for a server, one of the first thing I check is the staff. If it looks like a messy bunch of GMs, I immediately cross out the server. Players want stability. They do not want to fear sudden closure or recurrent bugs not being fixed. Most of the successful servers I've seen had a clear staff hierarchy with the relevant subdivisions - support, development, police, management.

It's true that mustering up an efficient team is hard nowadays. A lot of people are trying to be GM just to chill out in main town with their commands. I don't think there is a miracle recipe. It's a mix of luck and insight. You must know how to recognize that someone will make a good addition to your team, but you must also find that person.

Make it look friendly and no barrier between them.. ^ ^ 

It's very difficult to answer set-up wise. Some players prefer high rates, other mid rates or low rates. And there are categories even among servers featuring the same rates. One thing for sure, if there is no incentive, players will invariably get bored. That's a reason why low rates tend to stick around longer (some high rates have been up for many years, though). The more difficult it is for players, the more rewarded they feel when they get this character at that level or loot this card. 

Then there is the luck factor. Some servers get 100 players during their whole life whereas other servers get 400 players even before the launch. 

You gave me an idea with regards to the hierarchy. 

I always prefer setting it to a more difficult setup for players. But I get very unlucky with the players that come in, most of which are lazy.

@Isaiah 

Ermmm.. Well find the staff which is play ro for so long and always have a spirit of something on time they were hired..  ^ ^

Other wise.. All staff or player can gather around have fun either in real world or maybe in other world... Make connection between player and gm.. Make it look friendly and no barrier between them.. ^ ^ 

I wish this was possible. Except we live in different countries.