Yourolist - new RO list/database/tools webpage, soon :]

Doch

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79

yro_zps786cc5ed.png

Hi to all! well, time to show the project I have been working on for almost a year in my free times. But first, a bit of fast history:

I played ragnarok for 2 - 3 years in some servers like ValhallaRO and others, then i left it due to the resets and that stuff, I had a knowledge of the game that was useless now because I'm not pretending to play anymore, so I started at programming by myself like 5 years ago, (2 of them at university), so I decided to make the website just for see what I could do, and also improve my programming skills and use that knowledge.

Done:

Yourolist pretends to be a tool, more than a RO list or a database website, it is more oriented to server owners than for players. It doesn't mean that players won't have anything to do in the website, for now I've made few things like: 

• Pre-Renewal / Renewal mob, item, map ,skills database with the drops % editables as you need
  • Advanced Item / mob search
  • World map, with the option of filter by episodes
  • Job equip, Monster mode bitmask generator
  • Item DB structure to SQL (I'll add more soon)
  • LUA <-> LUB converter online (soon)
  • Ragnarok list system
  • Some new advertisements ways like banner, countdowns and others (sry but vps cost money) but relax there will be points free in social websites (faceebook,twitter) and discounts)
  • Graphics with monthly votes, banners etc
  • Beta version of YRO Server Controller 1.0.0 (Optional Usage)
    • ​Open servers
    • Close Servers
    • Server status

And then in my TO-DO list i have some others things i think people will like a lot fully oriented to server owners, that will be posted here when they get a good grade of development, in my point of view they will be very useful, but before making more things I want to hear opinions, feedbacks or maybe criticize (but constructively please :rolleyes:  )

Links:

Facebook page: Link

Twitter page: Link

Website (preview): www.yourolist.com

Here goes some website images:

Uni9hUpN.png

1lddjPVo.png

OEEdGGga.png

-ffKf8NI.png

UbE4O6sm.png

7k_P52_Z.png

6FEN4NVI.png

9SujcZeC.png

xT-H0HgV.png

Thanks for reading, and sorry for my english. /thx

Edited by Doch
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  591

wow nice , gives already a Previwe website ? or not

I just bought the VPS, i'll configure it, disable the join system and ill post it :)

Main post updated.

Added links:

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Website

The servers that are in the website are just examples, and the banners owns to their resective server/creators, and the info shown inside isn't real and haven't any connection to the servers.

Edited by Doch

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  1654

Looks neat ;)

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  846

I can't wait for this to be finished. Are we allowed to register without adding a server or do we need to add one?

Thanks to all guys! feedbacks and suggestions are welcomed :)

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

This looks great. I only have 2 questions.

1. When will this be completed lol?

and

2. From what I can see, you have made it a rule, where account owners, are not allowed to reward players with an incentive to vote. Is there a specific reason why you disallowed that, when numerous other voting type sites do allow this?

and

2. From what I can see, you have made it a rule, where account owners, are not allowed to reward players with an incentive to vote. Is there a specific reason why you disallowed that, when numerous other voting type sites do allow this?

1. I really don't know when this will be completed, to be honest all the list system is done, the database is like on 85-90% and now im working on things to manage the website faster,also i'm rewriting a bit the layout to make it a bit responsive, and im working also in some features that i'm thinking to implement.

2. That's a good question, quick summary:
I have been thinking that a lot, and the conclusion that i came at the end is that a server that have a lot of votes because players are being rewarded doesn't mean that that server is a good server, or even better than others. you can just think that in that server the players get valious/necessary/good things.
But in a server that people votes because they want the server gets better listed in the rank, get more players etc, in my opinion is because the server worths and players know it.

Say me why I should allow servers that reward players for voting, maybe you convince me :P

I can't wait for this to be finished. Are we allowed to register without adding a server or do we need to add one?

Sorry, forgot to reply your question,  /sry

Right now the website doesn't have anything that people should register to use it, most of things are public (database, tools..) except the list system, so if in a future I add something different to the list that for its usage is needed an account i think that i'll add the option.

and

1. I really don't know when this will be completed, to be honest all the list system is done, the database is like on 85-90% and now im working on things to manage the website faster,also i'm rewriting a bit the layout to make it a bit responsive, and im working also in some features that i'm thinking to implement.

2. That's a good question, quick summary:
I have been thinking that a lot, and the conclusion that i came at the end is that a server that have a lot of votes because players are being rewarded doesn't mean that that server is a good server, or even better than others. you can just think that in that server the players get valious/necessary/good things.
But in a server that people votes because they want the server gets better listed in the rank, get more players etc, in my opinion is because the server worths and players know it.

Say me why I should allow servers that reward players for voting, maybe you convince me :P

Sorry, forgot to reply your question,  /sry

Right now the website doesn't have anything that people should register to use it, most of things are public (database, tools..) except the list system, so if in a future I add something different to the list that for its usage is needed an account i think that i'll add the option.

Alright, thanks :D

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

There isn't really a GOOD reason to allow this, but you have to look at it from the player's aspect. As of right now, over 90% of the RO servers, give V4P (Vote for Points), which of course is encouraged by server admins, because they want that little boost above others as far as advertisement goes.

However, if you look at it from the players point of view, you're left with the question of why should I vote? Most player's will more than likely not vote, because it's a hassle, they feel like it's not needed for the server to grow, they would rather just come home from work/school and just play games to relax and have fun. Even those who have an abundance of free time, would rather spend that time playing RO than voting for it.

So owners are left with only 1 option, give them an incentive to vote. Because from the Owner's point of view, he needs his player's votes for advertisement, whether it be 100% true or slightly watered down due to a small bribe (points). However that's just 1 issue Owners have to deal with, and the next one is probably the biggest as far as voting sites go.

Let's say, that the average votes a server gets with a V4P system, is 85% of their population. Out of 1,000 players (actively playing not AFK merchants), thats 850 votes. Now a server with only half that amount of players, get's only 425 votes.

From here we can see that the lower the population the lower the votes, but also since voters get rewarded, the votes are consistent. Meaning, ServerA with 850 votes, will always have more than ServerB with 425.

But when we remove the incentive to vote, your left with a completely random % of voting, based on nothing but the human element of WHY? As in WHY should I vote, what do I get from it immediately? Obviously when this happens you run into the final problem, of people looking for a server to join.

9/10 times, when a player is looking for a server they view the # of votes, as an equivalent to the # of players. Atleast a benchmark for what they can expect. Because of this they are way more likely to check out those servers out.

Now, you may be asking why does this matter, well that's because, MOST servers' who do have votes, those votes are rewarded from the following players:

1. Players looking to get the points to obtain whatever it is they want ingame from those points. ( Most commonly those players are people who have just recently joined ).

2. Players who have just joined the server, because they really like it and want more people to play.

3. Players who have been on the server long enough to know it's really good and they feel they should vote. ( Most commonly, these type of voters only exist for servers that have been around for atleast 6months, higher results are yeilded to those who have been their longer ).

Basically, More People, more Votes. More Votes, more people.

Without the incentive to vote, you have only 1 type of voter, those who are faithful to their server, that choose to spend their time playing that particular server.

From my opinion that means, the larger servers, will continue to increase the gap between them and smaller servers almost exponetially. Because, the human element of " WHY? " still applies. A player on a server that has been around for awhile, is FAR FAR FAR more likely to vote, then a player who REALLY likes their server, but that same server has only been out for a couple months. Why? Because again, players who have just recently joined a server would rather spend their time playing, to get better gear, and hopefully catch up to those who have been there for awhile.

But this can all be viewed from both sides equally as well.

So like I said in the begining, there really isn't a GOOD reason to allow this feature, but if there was ever a reason too, I listed and attempted to explain the best I could, why it should be allowed, however I do realise you can take the same points, and make an equally good argument as why it shouldn't be allowed.

So perhaps, after you look at the information I provided, you can come to a decision, of whether or not YOU feel like it should or shouldn't be added, and if your not completely sure, you can always put up a ' POLL ' to see what your potential userbase would want.

Edited by GmOcean

There isn't really a GOOD reason to allow this, but you have to look at it from the player's aspect. As of right now, over 90% of the RO servers, give V4P (Vote for Points), which of course is encouraged by server admins, because they want that little boost above others as far as advertisement goes.

However, if you look at it from the players point of view, you're left with the question of why should I vote? Most player's will more than likely not vote, because it's a hassle, they feel like it's not needed for the server to grow, they would rather just come home from work/school and just play games to relax and have fun. Even those who have an abundance of free time, would rather spend that time playing RO than voting for it.

So owners are left with only 1 option, give them an incentive to vote. Because from the Owner's point of view, he needs his player's votes for advertisement, whether it be 100% true or slightly watered down due to a small bribe (points). However that's just 1 issue Owners have to deal with, and the next one is probably the biggest as far as voting sites go.

Let's say, that the average votes a server gets with a V4P system, is 85% of their population. Out of 1,000 players (actively playing not AFK merchants), thats 850 votes. Now a server with only half that amount of players, get's only 425 votes.

From here we can see that the lower the population the lower the votes, but also since voters get rewarded, the votes are consistent. Meaning, ServerA with 850 votes, will always have more than ServerB with 425.

But when we remove the incentive to vote, your left with a completely random % of voting, based on nothing but the human element of WHY? As in WHY should I vote, what do I get from it immediately? Obviously when this happens you run into the final problem, of people looking for a server to join.

9/10 times, when a player is looking for a server they view the # of votes, as an equivalent to the # of players. Atleast a benchmark for what they can expect. Because of this they are way more likely to check out those servers out.

Now, you may be asking why does this matter, well that's because, MOST servers' who do have votes, those votes are rewarded from the following players:

1. Players looking to get the points to obtain whatever it is they want ingame from those points. ( Most commonly those players are people who have just recently joined ).

2. Players who have just joined the server, because they really like it and want more people to play.

3. Players who have been on the server long enough to know it's really good and they feel they should vote. ( Most commonly, these type of voters only exist for servers that have been around for atleast 6months, higher results are yeilded to those who have been their longer ).

Basically, More People, more Votes. More Votes, more people.

Without the incentive to vote, you have only 1 type of voter, those who are faithful to their server, that choose to spend their time playing that particular server.

From my opinion that means, the larger servers, will continue to increase the gap between them and smaller servers almost exponetially. Because, the human element of " WHY? " still applies. A player on a server that has been around for awhile, is FAR FAR FAR more likely to vote, then a player who REALLY likes their server, but that same server has only been out for a couple months. Why? Because again, players who have just recently joined a server would rather spend their time playing, to get better gear, and hopefully catch up to those who have been there for awhile.

But this can all be viewed from both sides equally as well.

So like I said in the begining, there really isn't a GOOD reason to allow this feature, but if there was ever a reason too, I listed and attempted to explain the best I could, why it should be allowed, however I do realise you can take the same points, and make an equally good argument as why it shouldn't be allowed.

So perhaps, after you look at the information I provided, you can come to a decision, of whether or not YOU feel like it should or shouldn't be added, and if your not completely sure, you can always put up a ' POLL ' to see what your potential userbase would want.

Nice response, But the incentives in every server are not the same, so you can't compare a server that just give you just potions with others that give you per example cards.. Anyway i'll think about this and probably make a poll

Nice response, But the incentives in every server are not the same, so you can't compare a server that just give you just potions with others that give you per example cards.. Anyway i'll think about this and probably make a poll

Personally, I like the idea of not allowing servers to give incentives. Too many servers, RO and Minecraft, do this. It is the only reason people actually vote 90% of the time unless you get one of the nice players or friends who actually vote to help the server and not themselves.

Servers should not have to rely on incentives to be deemed "good"; It should be deemed good by being worth voting for.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211

episode 8 - satan morocc 

realy?

good work

10\10

• Upvote 1

episode 8 - satan morocc 

realy?

good work

10\10

woops! thanks for reporting :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

• Beta version of YRO Server Controller 1.0.0 (Optional Usage)
    • ​Open servers
    • Close Servers
    • Server status
  • Fixed some images
  • Fixed some small website bugs
  • Started responsive nav header
In further updates, i'll add optional features to see statistics about your server, such as graphics about players online every hour at day, every day at week or every month at year.

Probably you will be worried about the lag that this could cause in your server, but you don't have to be worried because the data sent is very light and just will be updated when you visit the statistics.

Some Images:

6FEN4NVI.png

9SujcZeC.png

xT-H0HgV.png

Edited by Doch

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

• Automation of the payment/points process
  • Automation of emails (SMTP server)
  • Added some pictures about announce spots
  • Added some FAQ's (i'll add more as I get)
  • Added cookies policy notification
  • Fixed some bugs when recovery password and choose another one
  • Created some converters:

Edited by Doch

• 2 months later...

Update:

• Callback System to assure that the votes has been submitted correctly = no more points to people without vote [ Just need the part of Flux CP for release to people (topic of the paid job) ]
  • Item Creator 2013 [bETA]
  • Item Creator 2012 [bETA]
  • Improvements in SEO stuff
  • Added the possibility to show images of your server in your account
  • Fixed some missing maps
  • Fixed error in the quality graphic images
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Fixed some link errors when view items

Item creators may be bugged or not show all the information is needed to insert a custom item, test will be appreciated even rewarded in the future :)

The launch is just in the corner, stay tuned!

Edited by Doch

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  130
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  528

Check your inbox. :)

• Upvote 1