Item Shop Suggestions

Peopleperson49

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I suggest that the source for the shop list be modified to not include the item number. Most players don't understand the items numbers and the name should be sufficient. Also, if you use the callshop script command for an itemshop it works fine however, it does not show the 'Item Shop List:' and what the item actually is. All other features of the itemshop works fine with callshop.

Peopleperson49

www.ro-underground.com\ItemShop.bmp

Edited by Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1942

uploading image works fine. make sure you put the proper link. just use image not url.

Item_Shop.png

Edited by Brynner

I guess I'm not sure how you did that, but thanks for the image. It kept telling me it did not support that format and after a while I got really frustrated! Any thoughts on my suggestions? I wasn't sure if it now showing the item when used in a callshop would be considered a bug, but it might just be one.

Peopleperson49

Edited by Peopleperson49

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

Isn't item number there to tell items with same name apart? (Poor example as I don't have DB in front of me) ex. Godly sword (forget name ATM) also has a dagger version in the 12k number range with same name.

True that it does help in some cases for the time number since there are items such as weapons that have different number of slots. However if your making a items shop it tells you the item, and it should be something people can use in quanity. If you trading a godly sword for another item in the shop it really doesn't make sense, you should probably use a script for that. However if your trading a "server coin" for items its pretty obivious what the item is when it say so. Items shops should be items that people can hold lots of such as etc type items. There are not too many of them that have the same name but different versions and if you are making a cash shop you should use a special items that much be collected or donated for etc... I asked the players on my server and a lot of them didn't know what the number mean't they just thought it looked weird. However, they knew right away what a 'RoUG Coin' was. Aside from that I hope they fix the itemshop bugs when calling it with callshop!

Peopleperson49

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  732

If you don't want the item ID to show, just change the map_msg.conf to reflect it.

714: Item Shop List: %s (%d)

to

714: Item Shop List: %s

Thanks man that worked perfectly! I never knew it was so easy to change. It looks so much better with the item number gone. Is there a way to remove the statement saying that you didn't have enough zeny if you don't have enough of the required item? It seems like a logical change for everybody.

Peopleperson49

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  732

It would be nice to change that but we can't. :( It's hard coded to the client.