BrowEdit - Weird Problem when Opening my Custom Map

Angelisk

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128

Hi guys, I'm here cause i got a strange error when I tried opening my custom map, hope someone can help me.

Here is the BrowEdit log:

tCYNYYr.jpg

@edit

I noticed that when I try to save a previous version of this map on rev586 it works normal, but when i try to save on 620 Brow crashes. D= What could it be?

@edit

I take the previous version of this map and copied/pasted in a new clean map and now it works normal in both rev586 and 620, but I still wondering what does this error message means.

@edit

Argh, new error with this map U.U *shit*, ok, I'll give more information: This a 225x225 map, and everytime I try to save the map using 620 after using "Generate Quadtree" in 586 (in this version the map works well) map crashes (with no error message), but if I refuse to generate quadtree the map open and save well in both revisions (Maybe there is a max. number of models in a map, something like this? At the momment there is 918 models inside the map)

@edit

now it's working fine in both revisions, WTF, D=

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Angelisk

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

but still I was not able to fix the first error (cause the map crashes before it opens, in both revs).

Thanks again anyway!

/me is lost in all those edits XD how many maps are we talking about? :33

Regarding your issue on that screenshot, I'm really afraid to ignore what is the cause. It has been very few times I've encountered with issues to load some of my maps like you, but it has been by the GAT file, not by the GND, which to fix it I had only to create a new map with the same name of the original map and just copied the GAT file to the original.

So on this case you can try the same, but you'll lost all your ground edition... I guess its better than loosing everything like the models too?

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Just in case you want to try:

1 - do a backup of your map.

2 - In browedit, use the clean tool: remove all models and save your map.

3 - try to generate the error again, if it happens, it is cause of the models.

Then, I can confirm maybe this: One difference among revisions 620 and 558 is that, revision 620 always crashes if you have models at the north edge area outside of the map, while revision 558 doesn't. So maybe this is the reason?

Then, I can confirm maybe this: One difference among revisions 620 and 558 is that, revision 620 always crashes if you have models at the north edge area outside of the map, while revision 558 doesn't. So maybe this is the reason?

Lol, you are right! In fact there was a model more to north than others (but inside the map) D= .... I tried bringing that model more to south, and now it works great again.

Thanks Olrox :D , now it's fixed,

but still I was not able to fix the first error (cause the map crashes before it opens, in both revs).

Thanks again anyway!

Edited by Angelisk

Okay, I did what u told me to doo, and it helped me a lot of times :P

I was talking about only 1 map, but in different points of development (in some point I encountered a bug, later I got other).

Now the map is finished and out of bugs, thanks again <3