Colormapping in BrowEdit?

Sage

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111

Hey guys. I hope I'm using the right term here... It's pretty easy to render lights and shadows in Brow, but is there any way to render colors over textures on the map? I'm poor at describing this so I took a few screenshots as examples.

01978362f14699ef9c970ae6bd267fa2.png

ee9b2be62c6f41bd73020b32c32a4063.png

1d69ef6b7051558baaf53b7d08733bfd.png

I've no idea how to pull this off and I don't think I've seen it done in any other custom maps. It's really the one thing that I think really keeps Gravity maps distinguishable from custom ones. I always get a little bummed when I'm editing a vanilla map and I've gotta recalculate lightmaps, which results in losing all these really nice definitions and details added with simple spots of color.

So... Anyone got any ideas?

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

In the new browedit 2.0 Borf was going to add new lightmaps tools. Perhaps something like this. But as Keyworld said, atm, there is no tool yet for making awesome lightmaps as Gravity does with oficial maps.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  379

Hi Sage,

No, for now I don't think a tool exists to update this parameters.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111

In the new browedit 2.0 Borf was going to add new lightmaps tools. Perhaps something like this. But as Keyworld said, atm, there is no tool yet for making awesome lightmaps as Gravity does with oficial maps.

Aw, bummer. Is Brow 2 still being worked on? I'd totally upgrade just for that one feature.

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Aw, bummer. Is Brow 2 still being worked on? I'd totally upgrade just for that one feature.

In the early times (first trimester 2013 year) it was really on going, there was even a team testing it, however, months later Borf stopped it due to personal reasons.

He totally has great ideas for it, and I'm sure he will make them one day, but its hard to tell when. Btw It was just days before that I talked to him regarding it, and seems he was a little interested again, so maybe we'll have some luck soon.