Paid Services Changes

Maki

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1195

Hello,

On behalf of the rAthena staff, I'd like to announce a few changes regarding our Paid Services section!
The following has changed for Paid Services:

Added 4 new prefixes:
(Prefixes are now mandatory)
-General (server setup? etc)
-Coding (source, script, web)
-Graphics (media)
-Hosting

Revised/Added rules:
  • Any 'Paid Service' owner will now have to make at least one useful contribution to rAthena
    • A 'contribution' may be a commit to our repo, or a public release.  It should be something substantial and adds value to rAthena.
    • E.g. Maps, sprites, loading screens, code may be counted.  For general images, please have them be related to rAthena. You can also contribute code to our FluxCP branch (pm Akkarin first).
    • One contribution will be enough for all of the services you provide.

Some clarifications regarding Contributions:

• All art should be original works, owned by you.
  • PSD's and/or original files should be provided.
  • Contributions will be weighed.
    • E.g., a single loading screen does not carry the same weight as a pull request that fixes 2 bug reports or a pull request that fixes some documentation within our repo, or even a bunch of wiki edits.
  • You may make any contribution that you believe will benefit the project, for example, you may contribute to:

Additional clarification: while your previous/past contributions are greatly appreciated, this rule has been designed to require a new contribution that you have given to the community since the rule has been imposed (4th Feb).

Due to the 'Paid Service' rule changes, all current services will be placed into a pending forum and those users will be given roughly a month to respond; meaning:

• From Feb 4 - Feb 28, they can commit or send their pull request. (we will accept substantial contributions from 1st feb onwards)
  • On March 1, those who did NOT commit in Feb will have their topic moved to Rejected Ads, with a reasoning as to why it was rejected.

Please reply to your own Paid Service thread with links and descriptions of your contribution. An Administrator will look over them shortly afterwards :)

Edits:

Clarified contribution weights [Maki]

Added additional examples [Akkarin]

• Upvote 6

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  1445

Sounds good to me o: if they can code and offer such works i don't see the problem to aporting, also this will make look more organizated that section by the prefixes.

:) +1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133

Hello,

On behalf of the rAthena staff, I'd like to announce a few changes regarding our Paid Services section!

Added 4 new prefixes:
(Prefixes are now mandatory)
-General (server setup? etc)
-Coding (source, script, web)
-Graphics (media)
-Hosting

Revised/Added rules:
  • Any 'Paid Service' owner will now have to make at least one useful contribution to rAthena
    • A 'contribution' may be a commit to our repo, or a public release.  It should be something substantial and adds value to rAthena.
    • E.g. Maps, sprites, loading screens, code may be counted.  For general images, please have them be related to rAthena.
    • One contribution will be enough for all of the services you provide.

Due to the 'Paid Service' rule changes, all current services will be placed into a pending forum and those users will be given roughly a month to respond; meaning:

• From Feb 4 - Feb 28, they can commit or send their pull request.
  • On March 1, those who did NOT commit in Feb will have their topic moved to Rejected Ads, with a reasoning as to why it was rejected.

a wild weird stupid question appears!

what about ppl fo the paid services that already made a contribution? maybe i'm not getting it at all lol

[Answer------------Bag]

|--------------------------|

[>Kill---------------Run]

//it's suppused to be the battle box of pokemon lol!

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1268

Hello,

Where do we submit our contributions for administration's observation, and do they have to be new or just frequented and maintained?

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  128

What about hosting services? How can they handle this? ;s

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  99

I have hosting so what contribution should I make?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  197

That would be aweome #Akkarin  /no1  goodluck to all paid services 

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

just a few point that I want to ask related "Graphic-related (Loading screens, sprites, maps)"

there is no other regulation for kind of this stuff? like, "the art should be original artwork", "should provide vector file"?

and, I wonder why, the only non-staff as contributor for this topic, only nanakiwurtz (is nanakiwurtz has paid service topic? no?)

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  1195

just a few point that I want to ask related "Graphic-related (Loading screens, sprites, maps)"

there is no other regulation for kind of this stuff? like, "the art should be original artwork", "should provide vector file"?

and, I wonder why, the only non-staff as contributor for this topic, only nanakiwurtz (is nanakiwurtz has paid service topic? no?)

Amended my post with your suggestions. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  298

Hello guys,

just a question though on hosting paid service. What if hosting provider doesn't have knowledge regarding Ragnarok Related stuff and only pure hosting? what alternatives can they contribute?

huh maybe is more than that, i would suggest some option for the different paid services (?) i'm impresed too that they don't know something about the rA project files x_X

Kido and Akkarin, it's not that hard to have no knowledge about rA stuff, since it's something very specific. I think you should suggest them giving some donation to rA, or maybe releasing some scripts (most hosts give some scripts for free for their clients, as a gift) or about something graphical I would suggest a pack of loadscreens (it's not that hard), but for them the easiest way still giving some donation :S

huh yeah that's why i suggest giving some examples for them, so they can easly see what they can do

however, why a hosting that offer its service wouldn't have knowledge of the files/project? well they sure made some money here without any charge, and that's ok so owners can find and pick the best option for them to get their server up, the case is that they at least apport something, as you said, isn't that hard for some ways to apport

@Vy Low, what that Jaki said there, you can see "etc" that mean can be everything, and don't forget about "useful", for paid service provider (no matter what is it) maybe "etc" and "useful" can be have mean such "everything that can we provide to our client and it's worth so they can give payment for me". /heh

and then, how providers tell what they can do as useful contribution for rAthena? /no1

I think, even it's "pure" hosting provider, and if they try to put RO service, they have friend or staff that understand rAthena (emulator project) except they're forever alone?

Try send a PM to rAthena's admins or reply here what that can you offer except donation.

I'm afraid that kind question just to avoid "a little contribution to rAthena so provider still can put their ads on rAthena while rAthena project (or maybe other emulator) didn't get any advantage from ads that exist on rAthena (or other emulator sites)"

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

they can't offer paid services untile they contrubtate?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  143

Hello,

how will we know if our shared contribution is acceptable ?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  802

Hello,

This isn't an automated system, everything is reviewed by human staff. So if you had contributed and decided to start a paid services thread, you would know if your contribution/s are accepted. You can also send a PM to a staff member who is in charge of the field you contributed to, in case you want to be sure about it before starting a paid services thread (I know these threads usually take time to get made).

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  47

Hello,

This isn't an automated system, everything is reviewed by human staff. So if you had contributed and decided to start a paid services thread, you would know if your contribution/s are accepted. You can also send a PM to a staff member who is in charge of the field you contributed to, in case you want to be sure about it before starting a paid services thread (I know these threads usually take time to get made).

Hello,

Just want to ask if how will we know if the administrator or mod in charge already reviewed our pending threads (paid services)? 'Cause it's been 2 or 3 weeks now, we still don't have any response from them.

Sorry, but i just want to clarify this 'cause we don't know if our contribution is enough :)

Thank you very much.

More powers to rAthena  /ok

Cheers!  /no1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  802

Hello,

Hello,

Just want to ask if how will we know if the administrator or mod in charge already reviewed our pending threads (paid services)? 'Cause it's been 2 or 3 weeks now, we still don't have any response from them.

Sorry, but i just want to clarify this 'cause we don't know if our contribution is enough :)

Thank you very much.

More powers to rAthena  /ok

Cheers!  /no1

You can check in the rejected section, if your thread is there, it has been unapproved. Otherwise it's still under review or approved.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  213

gm im mad this totally is a violation of my rights to sell mi work!

Good job Maki. At least people won't be able to suck off rA without contributing back the project in some shape or form.

More power, god bless.

Xoxo,

-Cookie

• Upvote 1

gm im mad this totally is a violation of my rights to sell mi work!

Good job Maki. At least people won't be able to suck off rA without contributing back the project in some shape or form.

More power, god bless.

Xoxo,

-Cookie

ignore the spoiler z_z

me has problems to detect sarcasm

deep apologizes

For my personal point of view, that's so ungrateful of you, after that whole time offering your services for basiclly nothing but follow some rules, don't you think that at least you can contrivutate a piece of sand to the project? is really that hard? look at the others, they try to coperate and they also ask because they care of the project and you don't see them 'crying', they don't complain or something lol

next time avoid posting such shameless repply

Regards~

-Kido

Kido I think he was sarcastic.... e.e

cool o: gonna edit then

here, take this as my apologiez Cookie

WIiAglK.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

And then, will Admins share the links of proof if the user already submit contributions? because an hidden link or only available for admins only maybe will make people (or me) think, "what the hell this guy contributed? how come the post is passed?"