Palettes and the 2012-04-10 Client

Tande

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34

Wowie kablowie, this is kind of a weird one.

I have a total of 120 or so hairstyles.  Don't ask me why, don't ask me how, I just do. 

On top of that, I have about 60 or so palettes for these hairstyles.  I have set them up in their correct folders and what have you.  For hexing my client, I used the recommended hexes from WeeDiffGenerator using Shin's Diff Patcher, including the Enable 64K hairstyles option.

Running everything off of a data folder as I'm still testing these files.  I go to test the hairstyles without a palette and they're just fine.  I test palettes themselves, and everything from hairstyle 1-99 works wonderfully.  As soon as I hit 100, it starts giving me errors such as just plain client locking up error (and having to force close it) to rainbow face sprites (which I assume means they can't find the palettes?). 

Any clue of what causes this and how to fix this?

3 answers to this question

Sorry to bamp this, but is there a 2013 client that doesn't have this issue?  Or even one that allows for that many hairstyles?  It's either that or fix this, which seems like no one knows how.

Went trying to fiddle with it.  Here's what I got:

Fiddling around with hexing, I kept on the 64k hairstyle option (since its a necessity for any large # of hairstyles, after all), and tried taking off some options.  After deselecting 'ignore palette options', it started letting me change palettes with hairstyles 100+ but only on a MALE account.  Changing to a female account would give me a sprite error upon logging on.  Starting with a hairstyle above 100 but with no palette was just fine but as soon as a changed palette it'd throw an error.

Continued to fiddle, thinking I could maybe share the palettes using Shared Head Palettes and that is giving me the same issue: despite it now sharing the palettes for all hairstyles, it allows me to use them on male yet error out on female, same ol' windows freeze and non-descript error.

If it also helps, as I was fiddling with the shared head palettes, if I hadn't the proper palettes in the proper place, it'd throw an error, but only when trying to log/change on a male account.  A female would just throw the generic windows freezing error.

A little at the end of my rope with this issue since its put a stall on my development.  Is there anyone who can help me, or is this a lost cause?  As for others who have a 2013+ client, would it be so hard to see if palettes on hairstyles over 100 work?  Guess what, just spent the last ten minutes setting up a client just to test this and no, this issue is not fixed on 2013 clients.

So anyone with 100+ hairstyles is theoretically going to have this issue.

Edited by Tande

One last bump before I say f it and just disable palettes on female hairstyles 100 and up.

Btw: the male hairstyles only work when sharing palettes.  If you don't, it'll throw an error about missing some kind of crazy file with a gigantic space in the middle of it.  This of course, is with a 2013 client.

Last update: Seems I can get it working intermittently, almost randomly, so long as I practically hammer the client until it works.  Keeps erroring out randomly, but won't say why or how or whatever.

So it works sometimes.  Most of the time it doesn't.

Edited by Tande