Proposal: Color to the ones who offer paid services and has resumes

Kido

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1445

I would like to propose an addition of a color to all members who have Paid Services and has Resumes, also, if it's a staff member and has paid services too, its name will be dual colored, the actual color of its Staff position or member group + black (can be another color, just saying an example) color (for example: Cydh or Emistry)this way, they will get more easy to find when looking at the bottom of the forum:

ytlo.png

Why this should be implemented?

This should be implemented to facilitate the common members and mainly guests users notice the people that is offering its paid services to all public.

We all know that rAthena is a free project, however, in the instant that paid services being accepted and allowed members to provide its services rAthena became a nest of wise and experienced scripters, developers, graphic designers and so on! and that's actually pretty good, because in that way, they may help others members questions on the support forums at the same time they promote themselves. This would increase the competition between members. This will also attract visitors (guests) to register and look for cheap and reliable services and/or attract guests to make them open its Paid Services to everyone. This will also increase the ammount of most releases, script, database, source, clients, graphics showcase, website design and so on! This will also increase the number of Members who donate to rAthena, you may ask why, well, if i was a good reviewded devoloper/scripter and if i have make some money here thanks to rAthena community i would not mind to donate to rAthena forum as a little thanks of helping me to earn some money. There should be some good points that i'm sure i'm forgetting to cite. On the opposite side, this will generate some new rules to moderate this new paid services providers. Also and sadly too, there's bad people who can scam and/or abuse of the confidence that the requester of the service give. This will push the origin of new rules and policies to reduce or detect this kind of bad people. Despite that, it's more good points that bad points on applying this.

Next, pros and cons with its fundament.

Pros:

• Facilitation of detecting Paid Services Providers:
    Any member or user will notice more easy the offers of this services if they have a color that identifies them.
  • Incentive for future scripters,developers, web site designers and so on:
    This may be the opening of a chance for some members/users to earn money.
  • Increase the number of peope who can contribute by helping the community in script and develop matters:
    While helping others with its script, the provider of paid services will promote its knowledge about the matter to gain a good reputation which means a greater chance of incomes.
  • Increase the releases of scripts, databases, clients, graphics and so on:
    Members that release important script, database, src mods, graphics and so on may attract buyers.
  • Increase the competitiveness among offers of paid services:
    More people offering its services will mean that you will have to improve yours.
  • Increase the quality of services:
    More people offeinr its services will push you to increase the quality so you may offer a better quality than your competitors.
  • While posting or replying, they may promote its paid service:
    When participating in the community, thei will have a greater chance of show its paid services.
  • Attract guests to register and open its onw paid services:
    Visitors may enter to the game.
  • Attract guests to register and search for paid services (and hire them):
    When the visitors notice the amount of offers of paid services they may register and start looking for that services.
  • Attract members to open, hire or request paid services:
    Actual members may get in the thing too, members who know about a matter like scripting or designing but are silent.
  • Increase the donations to the rAthena forum:
    Kind people who earned some money here sure wouldn't mind to share a piece of the cake to the forum/community that helped to earn money.
  • Increase the users connection activity and participation:
    The longer the offer of paid services is online, the more notable it will be to others thus the more chance getting hired

Cons:

• More competition between offer of its paid services:
    More people may get in the game too.
  • May increase the number of scams:
    In the future this may happen due to the great amount of paid services offers.
  • May increase the moderation of the offers of this paid services:
    More people to look at.
  • More rules and policies may be needed:
    To moderate the services providers.

Well, here are some ideas for the rules (something to start if this is going to be aproved:)):

1. Don't spam your service in the posts:
    You may reply or answer to other topics on other forums sections, but you are not allowed to spam your service or to say "i would fix that for $X", "that would be $X", "i can do that for $X", "i would do that for $X so cheap" and so on.
  2. Don't scam:
    If you get reported and the one who reports you has enough evidene of the scam you will be banned of the forum.
  3. No refunds by rAthena:
    Pay services at you own risk, we may sanction the service provider but will NOT refund you any amount of $.
  4. No guarantee:
    We do NOT guarantee any paid service.
  5. You do NOT are allowed of do the following:
    Re-sell any script, mod or any service that can be handed.
    Buying scripts, mods, graphics and so on does NOT mean you are the legit owner of the code so you can't release it.
    You can NOT remove the credits
    You can NOT do any modification or exchange to other people if you have NOT allowed by the author to.You can NOT put on your signature that you have paid services if you are not aproved to announce them on the correct section.
  6. Totally prohibited to PM someone announcing your service or spam someone to hire you:
    You have to wait for someone to PM you or to contact you, you just can't go over the whole forum announcing your service by "pming".
  7. You can NOT take free releases or buy any release to modificate it and then sell it or re-release as yours:
    Every work has its legitim owner or property releaser.
  8. You agree to all rules and policies of this statement:
    Not knowing them is not excuse of evation of sanction.
  9. You can make your own rules or terms without abusing or harming the public:
    This mean that you can't over-demand certain of $ or provide a deplorable service.
  10. Any infraction to this rulse will be motive of the following considering the situation and the severity of the infraction:
    Ban for indefinite time.
    Remove your color/allowment to provide paid services.
  11. All the content of this statement are under the general rAthena Board Rules:
    Read this rAthena Board Rules
  12. All the content of this statement are under the rAthena Privacy Policy:
    Read this rAthena Privacy Plicy

There are some rules that i did not mention like the part of buyers, for example, they may NOT over-demand a work or being "i don't like it" to not pay the service, and so on.

Also if this is implemented, i wouldn't mind to collect all pricings data in the forum section of Community>Employment and make some statistics about it to see and compare the average price of some services, so people may tell if they are getting abused at the time they are consulting or asking for a service.

Well i hope the Staff will take a read on this proporsal and consider it.

Thank you all for read this and happy holidays :)

Edited by Kido

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

(for example: Cydh or Emistry

O__O ... it doesnt look nice ... vote for no ..

beside..if someone searching for Paid Services..just simply take a look at the Paid Service section instead of browse the whole forum and search for particular member based on the colour of their display name ...

• Upvote 3

That's an awefully long post just to suggest a different span variation on the username o.o

huh yeah, just some ideas

(for example: Cydh or Emistry

O__O ... it doesnt look nice ... vote for no ..

beside..if someone searching for Paid Services..just simply take a look at the Paid Service section instead of browse the whole forum and search for particular member based on the colour of their display name ...

it could be optional (?) i think that showing all members who has paid services in the bottom of the forum with a particular color would be easir to contact them o: just that hehe

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2223

The half-half username style would be hard to implement.

I agree with Emistry. I don't think a separate Paid Service group will add much benefit. Right now if you want to look for a paid service, most users just go to the Paid Services forum.

While posting or replying, they may promote its paid service:

When participating in the community, thei will have a greater chance of show its paid services.

Currently, most members who offer paid services have some text and/or image in their signature. I think that is more effective than a group name.

Well, maybe not combine colors at all, i just think that it would be useful identifie the people who offer paid services in the bottom of the index forum so people may notice how many of them are over there active.

This whole part:

oeIbYky.png

but well it's 3-1, no problem i believe you guys said enought reasons to not implement it so i won't insist

allright really thanks for at least reading all of my topic :)

peace:

nelson-mandela-004.jpg

:)

lol...searching from there ??? 

isnt that it will look much more worst ...hard to see since it's flooded with all the member who visited today ~

i don't think so, the people that provides paid services are not a large amount if we compare them with the people who does not offer paid services

i'm just talking as a general view

Edited by Kido

i don't think so, the people that provides paid services are not a large amount if we compare them with the people who does not offer paid services

i'm just talking as a general view

let say you have 20 member who offer paid services ...each of them have their own topic at the paid services forum...

but you rather to look at the "Member Online Today" List instead of the Paid Service forum ???  O___O

mean you have to search for these 20 names within 584++ names within the name list ?? and not looking at the paid services forum which only have 20 topics ??

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

multi-color : no! damn my nick looks so ugly. /sob

thx to reject this. /heh