Gravity Korea Closes Its 2 Servers Ragnarok Online 2

Ziu

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  177
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  909

Gravity korea close ragnarok online 2 1 year/9 months after open 1 server ragnarok online 2.

official info:

http://ro2.gnjoy.com/community/Notice/View.asp?BBSMode=10001&seq=531&curpage=1

nobody will miss you this game.... /bo /bo /bo

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  2285

Then finally you post it here. /heh

if all official RO2 server will be closed following Korean, it would be too fast for Indonesian RO2 players. /heh

Open Beta since this August.  /hum

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  909

¡¡¡need not affect other servers....!!!
if gravity stop updates and new features, as and you tell me that future have.... /ic

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  562

Yes, it was to ...

For a long time the Korean server was not receiving updates and patch notes. The Master Update on iRO2 Jehoon caught me completely by surprise, he had never seen that in Korean. Is the newly SeaRO2 War of emperium, so iRO2 server is more updated so far. With this we can deduce that Gravity is considering the WarpPortal as the main server (I mean you are developing directly on it).

Last year while playing for kRO2 and there were almost no people. Brazilians were more than  Koreans.

At least I can uninstall the game without feeling bad, like the last  time I went there was few people,  | was super abandoned

Gravity has suffered a lot with RO2, have to close the previous version, rebuild and finally not reach the expected results, involves expenditure of considerable money.!

Also should be noted that  RO1 still has plenty of life, console versions are taking the  new generation of devices, so good, will have to see how Gravity surprises us, which we can not forget that has many active projects, so I do not think we get bored.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132

I mean come on! Who'd like to play that Flyff look alike game. The creator of Ragnarok online has created another excellent game with 80 classes! Check it out on youtube.

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  2285

I mean come on! Who'd like to play that Flyff look alike game. The creator of Ragnarok online has created another excellent game with 80 classes! Check it out on youtube.

because that RO2 was too late on release. and when it was released, like this game too old than other games with 3D engine /heh

what game is it?

It is called 'Tree of Savior'. Just look it up on  kotaku.com or youtube since I can't paste anything on this reply box for some reason.

It has 2D with 3D graphics! Just like RO. :D

Edited by Valiente

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1268

I actually really liked the art design of RO2:GOTW. It felt true to RO, but there just wasn't enough to do, and not enough classes imo.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  806

It is called 'Tree of Savior'. Just look it up on  kotaku.com or youtube since I can't paste anything on this reply box for some reason.

It has 2D with 3D graphics! Just like RO. :D

now that looks awesome :D

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  562

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Hmm Tree of savior (or project r1)  is gonna be kinda different than Ragnarok Online too. For instance, the camera is fixed (can't rotate or zoom?) which is something very influenced by Arcturus imo. Also Seems that movement on tree of savior is ASDW and not by -click to move-

Hmm Tree of savior (or project r1)  is gonna be kinda different than Ragnarok Online too. For instance, the camera is fixed (can't rotate or zoom?) which is something very influenced by Arcturus imo. Also Seems that movement on tree of savior is ASDW and not by -click to move-

We are not entirely sure yet but it won't matter since it is still open world. :D

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

I actually really liked the art design of RO2:GOTW. It felt true to RO, but there just wasn't enough to do, and not enough classes imo.

GOTW isn't technically a dead project. I'm working on a new client from scratch to continue it and make it closer to RO1 (like it should have been). We were able to hack things like PVP and Guilds in the official client, and even added support for all the official RO1 classes, but it's too much to work with, and thier client just SUCKED! We're adding in control compatability setups for touchscreens, controllers and keyboards. The demo client runs at 30 FPS on my phone currently, and we've confirmed that it will run in the PS4 webbrowser.

Some may remember me... if not, I'm before your time in the RO scene. I did a lot of coding on the Trans and expanded classes for eAthena etc (probably almost 8~10 years ago). I spearheaded the Janus group for RO2 emulation. We completed a GOTW server, and a LOTS sandbox server.

As for LOTS, I'm not suprised it's closing... it was the WORST! I was bored out of my mind. I even gave it a good 2 weeks of dedicated play time to make sure that I got more into the "end game" aspects of it. Nothing improved. The game is very liniar even though they try and fool you into thinking that it's a "world" some of the scenes looked good, but every "zone" was basicially the same thing with a little harder monsters. There were parts of the game that were nice like the titles and kara tiles.... so not all bad, but not great either.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56

Saw this coming years ago.. lol... Gravity really needs to srsly stop trying to revive the RO title by trying to create new versions of it /swt

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  237

seems they cant copy the RO1. RO1 running 12 years from now, but other versions closed.

what happens to other RO spinoffs? 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Ro1 with a new engine would have been the key I think. Instead they changed everything.... Fans don't like change, they like extensions to the canon. Rebuilding cities, places, stories in a different way is not a very good idea in case of a previously successful game....