• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

File Name: Script command: Dynprompt

File Submitter: Talis

File Submitted: 08 Nov 2013

File Category: Source Modifications

Content Author: Talis

Works like prompt(), but lets you specify return values by adding a pipe symbol.

Examples:

dynprompt("Menu Entry");

Return Value: 1

@menu: 1

@menustr$: Menu Entry

@menunum: 1

dynprompt("^EE0000Menu Entry^000000|Test");

Return Value: 1

@menustr$: Test

@menunum: 1

dynprompt("Shazam|5 Shazam");

Return Value: 5

@menustr$: 5 Shazam

@menunum: 5

Script example:

// Dynprompt usage - Advanced example// Probably the best way to use thisfunction	script	dynprompt_sample3	{		// The real power of dynprompt is that you can specify the return value for each menu element.	// The return value is a atoi of the string following the pipe | - the full string can be accessed through @menustr$	// The atoi val can also be accessed through @menunum	// If you want to use both number & string, the number has to come first else atoi won't work		// Use the pipe character | to denote the return value - best to work with numbers, but strings work as well	set .@menu$[0], "^009900Hello!^000000|1Hello";	set .@menu$[1], "^0000EEInfo~^000000|2Info";	set .@menu$[2], "^222222Test.^000000|3Test";		// This time we'll just add a element based on a condition	if(.@somecondition)		set .@menu$[3], "^EE0000- Admin -^000000|4Admin";			set .@menu$[4], "^990099G'bye^000000|5Bye";		// Lets implode & switch/case	switch(dynprompt(implode(.@menu$, ":"))) {			case 1:			mes "Oh, Hello to you too!";			break;				case 2:			mes "You want info? How about the time?";			mes gettimestr("%Y-%m/%d %H:%M:%S",21);			mes "Also, you selected option #" + @menu; // @menu still works			break;				case 3:			mes "Debug info:";			mes "@menu is " + @menu;			mes "@menustr$ is " + @menustr$;			mes "@menunum is " + @menunum;			break;				case 4:			mes "Wow, a admin!";			break;					case 5:			mes "Bye bye~";			break;			case 255: // Cancel button			mes "Hey, don't ignore me!!";			break;	}		close;}

I havn't tested it yet in production, but so far I havn't been able to encounter any issues with it.

Also, I do all my eAthena devving on a windows box so I can't guarantee that it'll work with linux.

Performance of dynprompt is going to be naturally worse than prompt, select or menu, but it might perform equally well in a dynamic setting if you take into consideration the array looping usually required - but I have not yet done any benchmarking or anything, so don't take my word for it. ( and to be honest, being able to create super clean code using switch / case is worth a tiny performance hit for me )

I hope it will make your scripting less painful - it sure has for me!

Click here to download this file

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  247

Perhaps you might not mind placing the command in src/custom/script.inc and script_def.inc?

Example: http://rathena.org/board/topic/88908-script-command-getrandmob/

Just trying to push people to use what's available.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Perhaps you might not mind placing the command in src/custom/script.inc and script_def.inc?

Example: http://rathena.org/board/topic/88908-script-command-getrandmob/

Just trying to push people to use what's available.

Hey,

I hope I won't be stepping on anyones toes, but I actually dev on a pretty customized version of eAthena, which doesn't have that functionality, else I would definitely make use of it.

Looking at the example you linked, it should be really easy actually for people to make use of the custom folder functionality. I didn't provide diffs, just raw source, so the only thing that changes is where you copy & paste it to, right?

Hm .. I might put up a new zip file soon where I mention that it can be put either in script.c or in script.inc :)

So.. If you have the custom folder, throw it in the script.inc and script_def.inc instead of directly into script.c!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  247

Yes, it's very simple I know.  Just trying to get people to use it and get use to it, that way it starts to come natural for simple additions like script commands and at commands.