i would like to suggest...

joelolopez

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  493

i was updating to another version, re-setting my server settings and i noticed that the import folder only supports a few configurations

just like char_conf.txt

i would like to suggest that to expand the support of importing configurations (import folder)

that will support for example:

client_conf.txt

pet_conf.txt

item_db2_conf.txt

*to be able to easily update or migrate to another version without modifying the settings again and again*

were just going to put the import folder to the new version of rathena and were ready to go!

this will be a great help, this will definitely save time

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

this conf/import-tmpl/battle_conf.txt work for every single setting you set within this conf/battle folder.

for db/re/item_db.txt or db/re/mob_db.txt you can simply make use of db/item_db2.txt or db/mob_db2.txt

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  247

Any battle configurations you change can be imported into battle_conf.txt in that import folder.  You don't need multiple files for it.  The item_db2 is itself an import so that one is also already available.

how about the support of any setting for pet.conf?

like for example

pet_rename: yes

and another example

min_hair_style: 0
max_hair_style: 75
min_hair_color: 0
max_hair_color: 251
min_cloth_color: 0
max_cloth_color: 558

its from client.conf

import folder doesnt support the maps.conf and drops.conf also and other confs...

Edited by joelolopez

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

Both Akinari and I mention what file/settings can be included inside the conf/import-tmpl

this conf/import-tmpl/battle_conf.txt work for every single setting you set within this conf/battle folder.

for db/re/item_db.txt or db/re/mob_db.txt you can simply make use of db/item_db2.txt or db/mob_db2.txt

Any battle configurations you change can be imported into battle_conf.txt in that import folder.  You don't need multiple files for it.  The item_db2 is itself an import so that one is also already available.

import folder doesnt support the maps.conf also

are you refering to this ?? conf/import-tmpl/map_conf.txt

Both Akinari and I mention what file/settings can be included inside the conf/import-tmpl

>

import folder doesnt support the maps.conf also

are you refering to this ?? conf/import-tmpl/map_conf.txt

no sir the one with the map list, "maps.conf" and it doesnt support client settings (client_conf.txt) and the other confs that i mentioned

im thinking of a single file that will support all configurations and every line of configurations

that single file will hold your server settings without making any modifications to the orginal copy of rathena